How can I move on and be happy again?

My boyfriend broke up with me after 6 months of us being together. He was my best friend and won't even talk to me now. So how do I move on? How can I be happy again? How do you move on? Thanks so much

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have just gone through something similar! Are you trying to talk to him? How long ago has it been since you broke up? Make sure if he talks to you give him short unemotional responses and try not to go looking for him or initiate contact. Let me tell you it is so much easier to not see them at all, and I understand its probably hard if yall go to school together. Just try to see him as least as possible. Everytime you see him it will probably remind you of your relationship and I know its hard but you have to tell yourself you deserve better and anyone who doesn't want to be with you is a waste of time. Its hard at first, and I was crying everyday for about three weeks after it happened. But make sure you don't spend too much time alone because then you think about it and hang out with your friends A TON that always makes things better. Moving on takes time but it is so worth it once you realize you can do better, also for being happier it always helps to try more on your appearance everyday to kind of regain that confidence. Always be happy! and when you see him show him that you don't need him and another guy will soon come around and he will be even better than the last and will care for you no matter what:) Sometimes they do come back after some period of NC but then its your decision whether you want him back or not! Kick that a**holeee to the ground and find a guy that appreciates you exactly how you are!

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. I have to see him every day at school. And it's been a week. Last time I saw him he was making out with some girl. I can't even look at him anymore. I haven't tried talking to him, I deleted everything of him. he doesn't care about me :/ I trying to move on. But it's like every time I see him I want to cry again. I don't know how to be happy. Sounds dramatic but it's true..

• what a jerk he is to make out with another girl in front of u,the next girl will be hurt too when he gets tired of her,what a douche bag,one day when you find a GOOD mature guy,u will wonder wth you ever saw in him(douche bag)

• He isn't a douche bag until he's done with you :/ I hope there is such thing as a good guy. Because every time I think I found one they turn out to be anything but.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• This is a lot easier than you think. Look... Whatever the reason, it wasn't meant to be right now. What you're feeling is the emotional attachment process, and it's ugly for everyone. Nobody can escape it, we just cope in different ways. Best advice I could give you, is to work on you. Get busy. Do things for yourself, live for yourself, and love yourself. If it's meant to be, he'll come back. If not, you'll find someone else. 6 months is a long time, but there are people out there going through the same thing who were with those people for years on end. It could be worse... It could be a lot worse. Work on you, and get happy again.

Read

volenteer

Work out

Get a hobby

Work on your passion.

If you allow this to gobble you up, you, won't make it back.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should be happy that you've finally broken up with him, and you should just find a new guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • find a new boyfriend. that really is the trick.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's not that simple... But thanks

• Show All
    • so if you fall in love and you date for a long time is that using him? no.

I'm not saying just jump in the sack with any guy rather put forth an effort to meet that new special person. Once you do, you'll forget about that old flame.

• Okay I see your point. Thanks

What Girls Said 4

• it will hurt but remember you did have a life before him and can have a life after him..u will heal and will eventually meet another but just know,u are young and you may go through this over and over again,boys don't mature for a long time so don't count on one to make you happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Try and cut him out your life for now and focus on you, without him distracting and have some fun and meet new people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly you need to just let him go its going to hurt and you will probably be in tears most of the time but it needs to be done. I was with my first for 5 years and we broke up 5 months ago, I was a hot ass mess for months but I got over him and started working on myself. You can definitely be happy again and you will one day it may take time but it will come. Find a hobby, workout, meet new people do anything to get your mind off of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • it just sort of happens, but the transition sucks I know. hang in there.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks I'm trying

• i was a mess for a whole month from my last break up, I cried a lot, watched a lot of movies, and talkeddd a lot to my friend.if you need an ear you can email me.

• Okay. Thank you do much. If I get really bad I'll email you

Recommended myTakes