How long did it take you to move on

How long was your past relationship and how long did it take you to finally get over the person

was in a 3 month relationship, we spent so much time together. to be honest we were moving too fast.

It is almost 3 weeks and I cannot move on.

I keep calling and texting my ex, at first he answered asap but now he takes longer to respond. I am happy that within 2 days I fought the urge to not call him. Still fighting it today, I know he is seeing someone new and also his friends look at me awkward and some has stopped talking to me.

I miss him but I know I should just let it go, its the right thing to do why is it so hard.

I left my life and lived his now its hard to adjust. I still cry everyday why is this so hard I admit he is my 1st true love but why is it so hard.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Friends make a huge difference. If you want to get over him sooner, I implore you to not shut them out. This guy and I have been in an on and off relationship for over eight months. This time, he ended it because he thought we weren't meant to be. We were friends before we dated and have tried to remain friends whenever we broke up. It was a week ago Friday, and I found out he is with someone else. Normally, it would destroy me, and it did when we first broke up and even more so when I found out he has a new girlfriend. But the reason I am not crying and texting him everyday is because I have been talking to my friends. They have been getting him off my mind, and it's a really good feeling. It also helps to think about the future instead of the past. Honestly think about it. Chances are, in a year, this pain will have faded or disappeared completely. You may even have a new boyfriend by that time. It gets easier, and you have your whole life for it to get easier. If you're still in high school, you have college to think about. If you're in college, you have your career to think about. Focus on things you can do today that can help you achieve your goals in the future. And if being productive doesn't help, focus on enjoying your life. Find the person you were and the things you enjoyed before you dated him, and find a way back to being that person and enjoying those things. Eventually, it will get to a point where this is just a memory, and you will have come out of this situation so much stronger than you could have ever imagined. It doesn't happen in a day, but give it time and I promise you will find it in you to move on.