How long should I wait before responding to a message from the guy I like?

We have been in each others' 'social circles' for a month or two now. He caught my eye from the very beginning, but I am not the type to make the first move; instead opted to wait for him to notice and pursue me. Well, I am ecstatic to report that he finally has! I just received a short and simple "hello there" from him, but since he took his sweet time in making the first move, I do not want to respond right away and risk seeming too eager, or worse, desperate! He is my equal, & because of which, I consider him quite a catch--handsome, confident, charismatic, educated, & gainfully employed! I am not looking to play catch & release with this one (forgive the crude analogy) I'd prefer a snag, hook, & sinker method--long enough to get to now one another well, & for me to decide just how close of company I'd like to keep, & for how long...

16

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd say around 5min-10min is good. faster replies imply you're interested, guys don't see girls as desperate really. slower replies usually imply you don't care, you're busy, or forgot. just weigh it out for yourself. don't leave him hanging though. or you can lose him