Is she shy, or am I wasting my time?

Pardon the length... It's a nasty habit to ramble, but I want you to have all the evidence. I've attached a poll, sometimes (I know) that's easier.

There's this gal at work, let's call her 'B' for now, she's new, and when I set her up for her orientation, I led her to the back table in the restaurant and asked if she wanted anything to drink while she waited for the manager, and she got about a foot from me, looked me dead in the eye, and for me it was like I could feel my heart-beat throughout my whole body, and I've been entranced by her since.

I accidentally friend-requested her on Facebook while looking for her number because she didn't show up for a shift, and having only worked with me twice (at that time), she accepted. Imagine my amazement and embarrassment when I saw that notification!

Thing is, I can't help but wonder if it's mutual. Why wouldn't you, with such a feeling? One of my co-workers mentioned that he keeps finding her looking at me, and he and another spoke about how we're each others' type. Even last night there was a moment where another co-worker commented on something 'B' had been working on, and 'B' looked at me and smiled/smirked before walking away to check something, wherein my co-worker wondered what happened and why she'd smiled at me.

My profile says that I like David Tennant, and the other night, out of the blue, with no other mention on her profile of liking David Tennant, she starts posting a bunch of videos, likes my comment on one about him being a great actor, and the next day at work we talk a bit about him, our shared interests, YouTube vids we've seen, and she makes her recommendations, and I mention "Fright Night" in passing. Later that night, I randomly happen on her recommendation in Walmart, and when I message her to thank her, she says that she's watching "Fright Night" as we spoke. But, typically, I replied and she never did afterward.

We worked together a bit last night. She acts like she's caught off guard when I talk to her while she's busy, as if it doesn't register. She has no problem with me being inches from her, but doesn't look me in the eye for very long, and even our conversations don't last more than a sentence or two - she either stops replying or we get interrupted. She is quiet, and soft spoken, quite unlike most theater majors I've known in the past. There was even one time I was showing her how to do something, she stood inches from me, practically staring at my hands while I worked, and even after I stopped and was staring at her, waiting for her to either react or start doing the task herself, she met my gaze and practically jumped back as if I'd scared her.

I'm sure I can think of more, but I'm weary of this being too long that I won't get any responses. Any help would be appreciated! If you were shy, how would you act around a guy?

• Question is too long!
  • She's likely interested.
  • She's likely uninterested but being nice.
    Vote C
  • Who knows/cares?
    Vote D

What Girls Said 1

• Have you watched House of Cards? One of the characters says something like "I hate not knowing" and "i don't waste time on hypotheticals."

My advice, just ask her out and see what she says. Keep it casual like coffee, a walk in the park, or some other place that will allow you two to just talk.

What Guys Said 1

• She's just shy. Yes, she's definitely interested in you.