Conversation with ex

My fiance broke up with me a little over a year ago.

We now live in different countries and haven't spoken since October. We care about each other but don't talk because it is to painful. I send him texts here and there letting him know I still love and care about him, but receive none back from him which is fine with me.

Today we had a typing conversation over Skype, where he was being very hesitant to even act friend-like. I'm naturally more outgoing and warm then he is, and I think he is trying extra hard to make sure I know he is not interested in me. (When we broke up he said we would NEVER be together again under any circumstances). Neither of us are currently seeing anyone. The reason we broke up by the way, was because of too much arguing.

Today I said to him "you don't need to be nervous around me. I am not going to try to get back together with you and you're not leading me on by talking to me. I know your intentions very clearly." He responded "I wish it was that easy."

"I wish it was that easy?" Can someone please translate what exactly he's talking about here? Is he implying that he doesn't believe me that I'm not trying to get back together or that I am not going to abide by his intentions or what?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems that he really is into you, and he can't get away from the fact that he still want to be back with you.