Does he still have feelings for me? Will it work out?

My boyfriend of 2 years and I split up because he moved back to the states after finishing Uni. We couldn't cope with the distance, but the feelings were still there.

I visited recently because I have been wanting to move over for a few years after visiting a while back. He has started dating another girl 4 months after we broke up. She is his ex from high school, dated when they were 16/17. She ended it and then started asking him out on dates when he moved back home.

My ex wanted to meet up, so we did. He was being really nice and reminiscing about our relationship. It was very familiar and comfortable for him. He said he'd missed me and wanted to spend time with me. He looked at me as if he still had a lot of feelings for me. Joked about how things would be if I moved there. He said he'd call me, and we'd meet again, but after spending a few days with his girlfriend, he said she wouldn't like it. We ended up meeting for drinks where he told me we didn't break up because he fell out of love with with me, but because of the distance. Then he said he was in love with someone else now, and felt nothing for me. They had been dating for less than a month at this point. He couldn't really look at me. It made me a little angry I guess. I said no reason for us to even talk if you feel nothing for me. I walked out of the bar, but came back a minute later to apologize as it was childish. He became super angry and said 'no you walked out on me so f*k you' and started walking away. He agreed to help me get a cab home, but took the cab straight to his house. He said let me show you my home. I was thinking this was weird and inappropriate. But he wouldn't take no for an answer. He showed me around his home, introduced me to his family and then showed me his bedroom last. I stood in the doorway. He pulled open the top drawer next to his bed and said 'this is where I keep all the things you gave me'. I didn't know what to say. He dropped me home because his mum insisted. He kept walking away but then held my face and said 'if we're meant to be together, fate will bring us back together' and walked off. I didn't know what to say.

I get on well with his brother and he hates this new girlfriend. He said she and my ex have nothing in common, my ex looks at her like he doesn't even like her, and that my ex is dealing with past issues because she dumped him in the past and it really hurt him.

He made excuses to not see me or meet me after that. He wasn't very nice if I messaged and didn't even say 'have a good flight' or anything when I messaged on the day I left. He messaged after I reached back, asking if I had a safe flight, was I back at work, was it good to be home. I responded and he said he had a meeting - TTYL. I didn't reply. It's been a month and we haven't spoken. I will be moving there this year. I don't know what to do. I think he still feels something for me. I really miss him. I don't want to interfere with his rship, but I know we could work out if I was there.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems that he's very rude to you now, and let time handle it.

Don't keep your hopes up upon him and just find a new guy.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE