Have you ever been divorced? How did you deal with it?

I believe in marriage and I will like to someday. I love so hard even when I break up with my I take sometime to heal.

If you don’t mind answering:

How many times have you been divorced ?

How long was the marriage

How did you deal with it?

What was the reason?

Did you re-marry

What is a good way to start over

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I was married for 14 years and it was my only marriage. I got married when I was 22 years old and it ended because my ex husband cheated on me many times. I stuck with it because I believe in the nuclear family and never wanted my children to be raised in a broken home. My ex husband had a baby behind my back and that was the last straw. I came to realize that a "broken" home can be one in which a mother and father co-exist in the same house for the sake of their children. It doesn't always mean that if you divorce the family unit becomes broken as myself and my ex are both great parents and love our kids tremedously. I am sure they WISH we were still married, but I just couldn't take being taken advantage of anymore. I was actually FINE when I decided to divorce. I went through the pain and emotion of losing the marriage WELL BEFORE the separation actually happened. I just got TIRED. You know what I mean? I never remarried yet. I am still in the dating world and this is as scary as a marriage where your husband is eternally unfaithful.

2|2
    0|0
    • You have been through a lot. I take it you are a very strong lady, congrats

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Once

4 years, but we were together for 3 years before that

I just did- I don't know what else to say about it

Because he couldn't use his words and liked to hit people (me) instead of communicating like an adult.

No, and I never will

By getting to know yourself- what you want, what you don't want, who you are, who you want to be, what you'll accept and what you won't. The rest follows.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never been as I have never been married. I am like you, I love hard and will keep a blind eye in the past so I could work things out not me again. I too would be devastated. you just have to be selective in picking your spouse I guess and not ignore those red flags

0|0
    0|0
  • I was married once for a short time. I was fairly young and soon realized he was not the one for me. I divorced him. No I wouldn't do it again. I don't see the need in this day and age!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been married twice. My first husband I married just after high school graduation. He was a few years older but still immature. He ended up having an affair with a girl and got her pregnant. When I discovered the situation I was heart broken. I kicked him out of my home and filed for divorce. Years later I met husband number two who is a really nice guy. However, before we were married he hid the fact that he had been abused as a child. It became a major issue in our marriage as he suddenly never wanted to have sex. Our marriage was a trigger and he just snapped. We tried for 10 years to make it work but he refused therapy. I divorced him and we have remained friends. I'm now with a man who says he plans to marry me but I'm seeing signs that might not happen. I'm heart broken to think about starting over again. I'd say try dating sights but honestly I've done that and thought it was a huge waste of money.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been married for 10years one time only.. 4years out of the 10 my marriage was over. You could say we stayed for our children. At that point it became mutual that we both weren't happy being together out of the four years, I took threw to come to terms with it. Although we still loved together we shared property so sometimes things aren't easy to walk away from. Can't just pick up and leave, but if I could of I would of.

The reason is..we didn't get along, he's manipulating, refuse to communicate. Argued alot. Very unappreciated everything, I was a wife when it was time, to cook clean, and sex,..other than that I wasn't even human. A lot of mental abuse as well. And another personal reason, I don't wish to disclose. However it hurts, because no one enter into a marriage thinking you gonna be headed towards a divorce. But, when it gets to a point that you can't take it holding on to nothing, you realize Ur better than a bad situation. You find the courage to leave no matter how you started over. A good way to started over. Good friends . Supportive people help reassure you that Ur doing the right thing. Being confident in knowing bad times don't last always.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well like you, I have not been married

The key to dealing with a divorce is to never get married :)

problem solved :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

-- Once.

-- 15 years.

-- I kicked him out and struggled with keeping him out for years. Help from friends and family, Being personally strong enough to walk away without fear of what he'd do to me...

-- It was a case of extreme domestic violence and identity theft, etc., so orders of protection and other paperwork was needed.

-- No. I've just started dating and I'm not really impressed with the people I'm meeting at this point. While I am able to see the good in people, I find that a lot of guys see a divorced woman as desperate, needy, and "easy" -- and so are willing to be overly aggressive towards her or offer nothing more than "no strings attached" FWB deals.

0|1
    0|0
  • i'm dating someone divorced and he's just 31. he's very cautious about opening his heart again

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been married twice. First time we married way too young,imo. He worked while I stayed home with our daughter.

Second one lasted 14yrs. Again,never should've gotten married. Guess marriage just isn't for me. Sigh,

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never been divorced as I have yet to marry, but I am currently engaged. I have however, watched a lot of friends' relationships go down the drain. What's the problem? Oh they all are a little different, but I think a lot of them jumped the gun on marriage, got married too young. We all continue to change so much in our 20's that you really are a different person, which means what you want will change as well. The relationships I saw fall apart, were due to money problems, cheating, and inviting a third person into the bedroom.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• The best way to go through the whole thing is just to learn and move on and never look back.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have never been divorced. Good thing, that's not available in my country. If I were to be married, I love to have that lifetime commitment.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes