What Do You Do When You Move On?

What are some of the things you do to help yourself move on after a break-up?

What are some of the thoughts you think about to keep you determined to move on and not go back to that relationship?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out a lot. Sitting at home solo is just going to keep you dwelling on the break up. Do whatever you can to keep your mind occupied. Have fun, hang with friends, do activities that don't remind you of your ex. Also, stay away. You can not forget someone if you're around them. Don't answer their calls. Don't answer their texts. Don't even read their texts. Unfriend them or turn off their updates on social media. Don't go anywhere there's a high chance of running into them. If you do see them, act like they don't exist. Take care of yourself. Clean breaks allow you to recover in peace.

I always change my ex's name on my phone to "Don't answer" and set the ringtone to absolute silence. That way I don't even hear if she calls. I also never take an ex back, especially if they're the one who ended the relationship. I will never go crawling back after being dumped.

Save all the break up details like exchanging belongings and other crap for when you've calmed down and are ready to deal with it. Make the exchange as short as humanly possible and don't bring up getting back together, nor should you entertain the idea.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I recently was broken up with after 2 years and raising a child that wasn't mine, it was twice as hard since the child was involved and I am the only father figure she has ever known. I started going to the gym more, took her off all social media sites, deleted her number, and hung out with old friends. Just stay busy and you will be well off. No contact is key for your healing, unless your ex comes back and is fully wanting to fix things don't give them the time of day, Hope this helps

1|0
    0|0
  • Remind yourself of their bad qualities if you every catch yourself thinking of going back to them. Remove reminders of them, ie physical objects or removing them as a friend so they won't keep showing up on fb.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cut off contact, be busy, and wait for a month.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would find a new girl, or I try to engage myself into playing new games.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Get a makeover, so something I always wanted to do.

I punish myself, in that I do something I don't like doing every-time my mind runs on him. E.g. I don't like drinking water, whenever he runs through my mind I will get a glass and drink

0|0
    0|0
  • Make a pros and cons list and keep looking at the cons lisr every time you think of that person. Search the net for ways to get over someone

1|0
    0|0
  • You're going to have some drawbacks, but the best thing to do is to try to keep yourself busy. Also, when you do have some thoughts about your ex, try to immediately telling yourself to move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I started to meet my friends more often. I read Robin Sharma books. I cut all thoughts about getting back together. And no contact rule helps.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am having time for myself. Running in the mountain, having a diet, loosing weight so I look and feel good, working on projects that I had pending. Concentrating on my work and after all remembering that in the end everything happens with a purpose. Of course, it is difficult not having your best friend by your side. In my case, since I am a Christian, I pour all my feelings to Jesus by reading the Bible, going to church, and work on whatever he wants me to work. I know that he has my heart and heals my wounds :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I get on with life and try to meet more people

0|0
    0|0
  • Read online articles on getting over an ex,focus on my life,responsibilities,work out and stay positive as much as I can.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes