What Do You Do When You Move On?

What are some of the things you do to help yourself move on after a break-up?

What are some of the thoughts you think about to keep you determined to move on and not go back to that relationship?

75

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out a lot. Sitting at home solo is just going to keep you dwelling on the break up. Do whatever you can to keep your mind occupied. Have fun, hang with friends, do activities that don't remind you of your ex. Also, stay away. You can not forget someone if you're around them. Don't answer their calls. Don't answer their texts. Don't even read their texts. Unfriend them or turn off their updates on social media. Don't go anywhere there's a high chance of running into them. If you do see them, act like they don't exist. Take care of yourself. Clean breaks allow you to recover in peace.

I always change my ex's name on my phone to "Don't answer" and set the ringtone to absolute silence. That way I don't even hear if she calls. I also never take an ex back, especially if they're the one who ended the relationship. I will never go crawling back after being dumped.

Save all the break up details like exchanging belongings and other crap for when you've calmed down and are ready to deal with it. Make the exchange as short as humanly possible and don't bring up getting back together, nor should you entertain the idea.