Am I an idiot for staying with my boyfriend? : /

I feel like such an idiot and I don't know what to do. Please help : ( I'd really appreciate it.

A few months ago, I caught my boyfriend texting another girl. Apparently, she sent him a naked pic back in the fall and the night I caught him texting her he told her he was thinking about the picture.

I broke up with him and since we just moved in together, I left and stayed at my mom's. Without going into any details, he cried and apologized profusely and my friends/family encouraged me to give him another chance so I stayed to work things out.

It was rough for awhile, but he was acting a lot better and things got back to normal for the most part. Since then, though I've been horribly paranoid and constantly wondering if he's doing something he shouldn't be doing behind my back. I know he would never physically cheat on me, but the texting is bad enough.

Well, a week ago, I caught him texting a different girl. I didn't see the conversation, just him texting, "what were you gonna send?"

I confronted him about it and he said she tried sending him a pic of something but he told her not to. I flipped and told him I'd had enough and that I was moving out. Well, the same thing happened as last time and he convinced me to stay. He scheduled a couples therapy appointment and said he's willing to do whatever it takes to change.

I want to believe him, but I don't. In my heart I think I know I shouldn't be with him, but I want to be. We planned on spending our lives together and I feel like that's ruined. I don't know what to do and need some advice : (

54

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be done. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. So you've 'caught' him twice, do you really think you would randomly catch him the ONLY two times he's done this? Possible, but far from probable. You are probably only seeing the tip of the iceberg and while it isn't phyiscal infidelity, it could very well (and may already have) led to it. It is good that he offered to do therapy but in my opinion, being willing to cheat isn't something you just get better with. To me, the ability to cheat is being a person who lacks morals and I do not want to be with someone who lacks morals, that's not something you just 'change' in therapy. You've lost your trust, with no trust, there is no real relationship. I am very forgiving, so I could forgive someone for this, but I would not be able to trust them anymore so the relationship would be over. I agree with one of the male posters, the only reason he is sorry is because he got caught. He's not really sorry to YOU, he's feeling sorry for himself because he might suffer from his dumbass mistakes.