Leave if my man has a record...

Long story short. Ex-wife messed up my boyfriend's life in the sense that its making it difficult for him to find employment other than working at a 7-11. We have been together for 2 years and he is trying to get his life back. But that won't happen 7 years from now until he can seal it. I have a very good job and attending school. I love him dearly but I wonder if am missing out.

Am I wrong for being selfish and wanting something more than being in a relationship with this guy?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on what you want in life. If the 7-11 dude makes you happy and you are always content to earn enough to lookout for yourself, then pick him.

If a guy with a steady job and a degree is important to you, then pick him.

If a guy with the ultimate car and the 7 figure salary is what its all about, go find that guy.

Is it wrong to lay down certain criteria of guys you meet and date? Certaintly not.

Is it wrong to kick 7-11 dude to the curb? Depends: Yes, it is if he was upfront about it with you early on and you chose to keep seeing him. No, its not if he waited for the relationship to go a long way before letting you know.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• You are not wrong at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, you also have to worry about your future. It's not wrong at all.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I do not get the question elaborate

If you are in school however it is expected that you will like a man that is successful as well

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a hard time understanding how she has so much control over his choice of employment. I also don't understand how it's going to take him 9 years (you've been together for two and you say it'll take another 7) for him to 'get back on track'. With these few details I'd say that blaming it on the ex wife is just him avoiding being responsible for his own situation. Regardless of whether or not you love him (it takes A LOT more than love to make it work), I think you would be happier with someone who was on the same motivational level as you are.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes