Leave if my man has a record...

Long story short. Ex-wife messed up my boyfriend's life in the sense that its making it difficult for him to find employment other than working at a 7-11. We have been together for 2 years and he is trying to get his life back. But that won't happen 7 years from now until he can seal it. I have a very good job and attending school. I love him dearly but I wonder if am missing out.

Am I wrong for being selfish and wanting something more than being in a relationship with this guy?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on what you want in life. If the 7-11 dude makes you happy and you are always content to earn enough to lookout for yourself, then pick him.

If a guy with a steady job and a degree is important to you, then pick him.

If a guy with the ultimate car and the 7 figure salary is what its all about, go find that guy.

Is it wrong to lay down certain criteria of guys you meet and date? Certaintly not.

Is it wrong to kick 7-11 dude to the curb? Depends: Yes, it is if he was upfront about it with you early on and you chose to keep seeing him. No, its not if he waited for the relationship to go a long way before letting you know.