Does he want to get back together? He text me. It's a fresh breakup.

My boyfriend and I broke up around 4 weeks ago. We didn't do the "no contact' thing right away. He kept wanting to get back together, and so did I. I let him know that as well. Things are complicated of course, so we were just spending time apart, a break as you could put it, planning on fixing our relationship. Keeping in contact, but not seeing one another. We agreed to go on an "exclusive break" but suddenly he kept reminding me that we were BROKEN UP and out of the blue he deleted me off of Facebook and we didn't speak for four days. Today he text me, asking how I am, what I'm doing, where I am... what is he thinking? I am devastated and didn't want to end it. He was not treating me right, so I couldn't let him continue on. Definitely sending mixed signals. Any input would be appreciated. Is he regretful? thinking of me? or just .. jealous that it appears I'm stronger than he thought I was? ... should I reply? what should I say...

11