Would you break up like this?

Lately my girlfriend and I have been going through a rough patch. For the past month things haven't been great due to stress and both of us being tired. She said she wanted to take a break, but we talked about it and I mentioned that I wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything if I didn't know what was going to happen to our relationship. We talked for an hour, got a few laughs in, and pretty much went off topic. She started talking about summer plans between us, and I asked how she was now feeling about the relationship. She said she "forgot we were even going to take a break." We both laughed it off.

She knows I will be taking my MCAT soon, is there a chance she is planning to end things after I take the MCAT? And is only keeping the relationship going so I can focus, as a favor to me?

She still calls and texts to talk, but texting has gone down a lot, although she has major exams coming up too (Vet school, etc.).

Should I be worried, or am I being crazy?

Before all of this we had a small fight that progressed quite a bit, but we talked it out.
I should also mention that she didn't try to resist holding my hand, or kidding today. She just seems less into our conversations now.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• These sorts of subtle changes are pretty telling. She may not have set herself a deadline to break up, but she has probably already decided to leave at a convenient time. After the tests?

Maybe--shje also doesn't want to be distracted by relationship trauma right now. so she's being civil until the right time comes.l

• I thought so as well. She still initiates texts sometimes, and is the one who calls me at times. It's definitely gone down quite a bit. She does still get annoyed when I am around other girls. 2 nights ago I was at a studygroup with 3 of the girls who will be taking the MCAT at the same time as me. She asked me if I made it to the study group safely -long drive. I said yes and mentioned who I was studying with. She got a bit more uncomfortable than usual that I was around other girls

• however I explained to her that I was going to leave after the group was over and she said it was fine. She wasn't hesitant at all to kiss me, and when I went to hold her hand she responded positively. Getting her to laugh was also a good sign I think. I'm not really sure though, something feels different.

• The nonverbal signs are more important, unfortunatelyu, than her words. I mean, sure she stil likes you..it's not that sort of break-up.