Having more partners before you are married increases the risk of divorce?

Don't shoot the messenger! I saw this and wanted some opinions.

Recently a study was done that made a chilling conclusion: the more non-marital sexual partners a woman has, the greater the risk that she will end up divorced.

The study wasn't done by your mom or any church group, it was done based on data from the National Survey of Family Growth. The methods of the study appear to be valid. In a nutshell, virgin brides have about a 80% marital success rate. Girls who have only one additional partner have about a 53% success rate. Girls with five or more have about a 29% success rate.

More information: link

• This is absolute BS, I know of studies that refute it!
  • My own common sense tells me this is probably wrong.
  • It could be right.
    Vote C
  • I'm sure this is right considering how things are anymore.
    Vote D

57

Most Helpful Guy

• It is right I have no doubt.

1. Experience - I've heard from a lot of married couples that if one of the parties had like 20 or more partners before marriage, at some point that "naughty" person started to miss those days and even tried to negotiate with the other person about having an open marriage.

2. Logic - it just really makes sense. What would make a slutty girl or a player guy change for good their animal lust for sex with many partners? Unless they gone completely religious and truly dropped away their previous way of life and changed their environment maybe that could happen.

3. Trust (this one is my subjective opinion) - I wouldn't trust a girl that had many partners before me. This indicates that she must have a completely different view on life from mine. And that also we probably are too different by our physical circumstances in life.

Bottom line: I think that in order to have a stable marriage both parties must be either virgins or not having sexual contact with more than a handful of people.