Should a guy confess he likes a girl?

Or let actions convey his feelings?

Should it be up to the guy to make the first move to disclose his feelings to the girl or the girl be the one to make the move. Does it matter?
  • Girl to confess to guy she likes him
    Vote A
  • Guy to confess to girl he likes her
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls aren't always great at reading your guys actions. She may think you like her, then second guess it constantly! Sometimes a girl will just know and be confident with that. If I were you, I would just tell us. It will save you a lot of heartache and confusion! After all, no guts no glory! hahaha sorry for the cliche.

In any dating situation, you are dealing with a whole different mix of personalities. Sometimes the girl will have the confidence (or the impatience :), lol) to tell the guy how she feels. Other times... not so much. I know women who if the guy doesn't make the move, they will forget about him and move on because they think "how will this go anywhere if he doesn't make the first move? Would he be like that all throughout our relationship?!" Others won't care one way or the other. Also, a lot of girls are told to let the guy make the first move and it's seen as "desperate" or "needy" for a girl to do so. I think that it will depend on each individual case.

Everything depends on how fast you want the relationship to progress. If you do, then make a move. She will admire your courage!

Best of luck!

0|2
    0|0
    • I think your help would be appreciated on my unique question here ! thanks :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I personally like it when a guy makes it really obvious through his actions that he likes me so that I have time to process it before he tells me he likes me. A lot of times I feel overwhelmed if he says it out of the blue!

2|1
    0|0
  • its great if she tells you, but if you're impatient enough to post this question then just spill it. keep it clear... ambiguity kills positive feelings.

1|1
    0|0
  • honestly, I was the one that made the first move and it worked in my favor. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 3 amazing months now, but we were best friends beforehand. I think it all depends on the circumstances.

1|1
    0|0
  • I said B

0|0
    0|0
  • of course. it'll make your life easier and hers knowing what's going on

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, they'd both probably work, but I personally prefer the direct approach. Action can be misinterpreted too easily, and it can embarrass people. But if someone just says exactly how they feel, it just makes progression so much smoother. Who confesses is irrelevant, man or woman. As long as one does it, then the other can reciprocate and go from there.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Whoever has the feelings first should say something. Letting the woman read your actions, as you wait for her to make the first move, is a great way to get stuck in the friend zone.

1|1
    0|0
  • Would be nice if a girl f***ing would confess, be assertive, take initiative for once, but we guys are still expected to do all the hard work.

It's really sad they claim to want equality but won't bring it :\

0|0
    0|0
  • Traditionally guys make the first move. Despite women clamoring for equal rights, they still don't like approaching and asking a guy out. So the guy should do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does matter because girls very rarely make a move, so it's up to Us. Now, instead of saying it, use actions. Say it with a kiss, for example.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course all the girls said guys because they don't want to do anything. If you don't make a move no girl will unless it's a miracle

0|0
    0|0
  • You should confess your feelings. It's stronger than words, and it helps in clear the mixed signals received by girls.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes