Why do guys hide their feelings about a girl?

I been with this guy over 7 years he is now I'm a relationship with another girl knowing he had feelings for me still. They even together for 7 months and now that he see me still here trying to get things back right he become stressed out. He put his anger out on me knowing he feel a certain way...he has this 18 year old at home and he's 22 why do guys hide their feelings knowing they making the wrong decisions? Now their relationship is falling apart he only got with her so he can hide his feelings about me and move on when he really didn't wanna move on

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Having feelings for someone isn't enough to make a relationship with that person work. I know it works that way in fairy tales, with "love conquering all", but that's not how it is in real life.

In order for a relationship to succeed, the two people have to have similar values and morals, and have compatible goals and desires. In short, compatibility is vital, and that's something that a lot of people overlook or dismiss, especially when they're young and inexperienced in relationships. Love is NOT enough - compatibility is also required. That's a painful and difficult lesson to learn, but it's part of growing up.

It sounds to me like both of you got together at a young age, with relatively little relationship experience, and it hasn't worked for a long time, but you've been unwilling to break up because you didn't want to deal with the loss. Eventually he broke up and dated someone else, but you're STILL stuck on him and won't let him go. I know it's hard, but that's what needs to happen: you need to let him go. You need to make a clean and total break from him. After you talk to him and let him know that you need to end this and move on, delete his number from your phone, unfriend him in FB, and don't make any effort to follow his life.

You'll grieve, just like if someone close to you died, because this is a loss. That's normal, but after a while, you'll be done and ready to move on, and that's exactly what you need to do.

0|1
    1|0
    • What are you talking about and who are you talking about? Hunny I'm my the one that's 18 I am 21 years old so why you write that long paragraph about nothing and we talking about getting back together next time please read

• Show All
    • Thank you, Clinkz. Exactly what I was getting at.

• No problem bro.

• Because we're built differently. If a guy is sensitive, he will be hidden emotions by shyness. However, if the boy is tough / is a fighter that ... You know... Warrior didn't admit never to his weaknes. It's a matter of male pride, but it is not always.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes