How do I know he means what he says.

I'm seeing my ex after a very long time apart. The reason for the split has been resolved, so that part is OK. It's basically a new relationship.

He was very excited about the prospect of reuniting before our first date, now seems less. He swears that's not the case, and the last thing I want to do is drive him away by being clingy or pushy.

His behavior is not isolated to me, his family gets the same sort of attention.

I guess my main questions are how to show interest without pushing him away? Everyone tells you to pull back and not be clingy or needy, but I'm so scared out of sight will equal out of mind...

It's driving me nuts and we are far too old for it.

Thanks so much!

20