Guys Is it possible that my man may be trying to keep me feeling down about my self so I will not leave him?

My husband says mean things to me and puts me down. Then will say the sweetest things and say how much he loves me. I'm confused. He talks about how he could leave me and cheat at

anytime but worries about me cheating on him. What do you all think? Please help me?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Is he ever violent or physically abusive?

It may not be what you want to hear but I honestly believe (in my totally non-expert opinion) that it's just a ruse for his own insecurities. But the fact that he doesn't just worry about you cheating, but he says mean things, makes me think that he's trying to be controlling and feel like he's in charge.

If you feel comfortable enough to talk to him about it, I think you should. But If you feel uncomfortable talking to him about it, you should probably speak to a therapist or someone to help you leave him. If he becomes violent and abusive it'll only get worse.

Please be safe, best of wishes!