Ex boyfriend acting all moody?

So my ex broke up with me over two months ago because he wasn't emotionally ready for a serious relationship and knew he didn't have enough self-control to keep up with our physical boundaries. We both still liked each other when we broke up. Two weeks later he hooked up with some random girls over vacation. At school though hell come up and talk to me and be all nice, flirty, and touchy and recently he's been initiating kinda random small talk over text. Hell always stare at me and check me out but sometimes hell point out things I'm doing wrong like eating too slow, or zoning out. Its like he's watching me all the time. He always gets information about me from his friend even if its just something small like what I did yesterday. His friend told me jokingly when we were messing around that my ex wants to get in my pants and still wants me. Everyone always comments on how my ex pops up where I am, but sometimes to act cool hell say he doesn't want to be there, but then comes and talks to me. I'm just wondering why he's acting this way? Does he just want to be single because were in high school and too young for a serious relationship but still likes me yet wants to date around more? I'm just confused because I don't think he's looking for a girlfriend, more like random dates with different girls to hook up with. Also, why is he being kind of petty towards me sometimes? Help...
Also, when I was talking with his friend, my ex decided to come over and sit with us and talk about going on multiple dates... why?!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• He's just lovestruck, and too young for a relationship, as you said.

So he doesn't know what to do about you most of the time. he wants to be with you and know about you, but doesn't want a relationship

It's completely normal in a high school setting, in other words.