Best way to tell her I inject prescribed steroids for my health?

My current girlfriend is the type that will make big problems out of little things. and we are in the process of moving in together, she has not seen my mini-chem lab yet lol..

Long story short, my father was a vietnam war veteran and was exposed to agent orange and later died of multiple cancers. I inherited some of his diseases, and I've got a rare type of Muscular Dystrophy which did not develop until I turned 19 and was medically discharged from the Marines. So I'm prescribed steroids and HGH, and a couple of peptides; so I won't die.

Anyway, what's the best way to tell her? She still has not moved on from the death of her brother, a couple of months ago.

73

Most Helpful Girl

• Show her all your stuff and your correspondence with your physicians and the clinical trial sh*t. That should take care of that- she'll know you're not perpetrating f*ckery and that your stuff is all legit and legal. She can read up on MD, too, and if she does she'll see what the disease is, how it works, and some of the treatments that are already being used- the idea (in a nut shell) is to slow mucscle loss and/or regrow it at a faster rate than it is being lost. And, you know, HGH is a way to do that, and so is steroids. That's just science. It is what it is.

This would be no different than if you had cancer (god forbid) and were being given legally prescribed marijuana to counteract symptoms from treatment or the disease itself. She sort of doesn't get to have an opinion here, is what I'm saying. SHe's not part of your healthcare team, so as long as you're not cooking meth in your closet or selling heroin, she needs to (and in fairness probably WILL) accept your lab! (Maybe she can dust your beakers and organize your syringes for you. HA!)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE