Why don't some people like others who say nice things about themselfs?

I have a friend and I get the impression she doesn't like me saying I think I'm better lookin then someone ( my ex new girlfriend ) if I didn't think it, I wouldn't have said it but instead she turns her head away or ignores it, yet I big her up and try make her confident about herself more? I'm happy for her to big herself up? Why isn't it returned? I know I'm pretty is that the problem?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Complimenting yourself is off putting. I don't think anyone really likes it when people do that.