Is there any benefit for a guy to get married or is it nothing but a bunch of risks?

Honestly, I know there's all that love and relationship stuff people talk about but I constantly read horror stories online of women taking so much from guys and how many years it takes to repair from a marriage and how the ex-wife is still trying to make the ex-husband's life hell. Is there any benefit to a guy getting married these days?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Relationships and/or Marriage like any other major life decisions (ie. should I go to university? which university? what to study? buying a home, buying a car, taking a job in another city or state/prov) is a risk. If you live your life trying to avoid any and all risk, than you have not lived. You might as well wrap yourself in a giant bubble and put steel bolts on all the doors and windows in your home.

Now having said that, marriage and/or relationships is not for everybody and it's a personal decision thatt everyone makes for themselves. But if you're waiting for someone to tell you that if you decide to get married, just follow these set of rules and guidelines and you won't ever run into any trouble, then you might as well be waiting for pigs to fly. There are no easy answers in life whether you're married or not. Of course there are things you can to minimize your risk (in your case, a pre-nup would be advisable), but no one can expect a completely smooth ride out of life. We all get knocked dow sometimesn, whether we saw it coming or not.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well this answers absolutely nothing. I'm talking about what benefits a guy would get if he was married, not whether or not to get married or what the risks are.

What benefits does a guy get to being married to a girl?

• How should I know? I'm not a guy and I've never been married.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• That's one thing I don't understand about men. Complaining about marriage and a subsequent divorce. News flash, the person with the most money gets screwed over. Countless women have been screwed over in divorce court. Do you ever talk about that? No.

1|0
    0|2
    • OK So explain why anyone with more money than their partner should ever get married?

• "Countless women have been screwed over in divorce court." Sorry but the number of men vs the number of women screwed in court is no competition. many more men have been utterly f***** by the divorce courts.

• Shut up

What Guys Said 5

• If I was in any doubt I'd either not get married or I'd require a prenup... That'd be an awkward conversation but I'd prefer the security.

1|0
    0|0
  • From the rational POV, it's like suicide.

0|0
    2|0
  • There's really a benefit. You're just seeing the small bad sides of it. The married world is a very great place to live in.

0|0
    0|1
    • Not trying to push your buttons but,... "small bad sides?" Its not a small bad side that 50% of marriages end in divorce. And then if you live in CA or another no-fault state, even if your wife cheats or utterly destroys the marriage another way, she still gets half your sh*t. Not to mention the number of states harboring the old "Golden Uterus" ideology. Marriage today is riskier than ever!

• Marriage is a man betting half of everything he will ever own that he can keep a woman completely satisfied and entertained for the next 40+ years. It is pretty much a losing gamble.

0|1
    1|0
  • No, unless the guy is marrying a girl who's much richer than he is, in which case the roles are essentially reversed.

0|0
    1|0
    • Reminds me of that other question we had on this site where a guy was asking why girls flip out when the guy asks for a prenup.

Recommended myTakes