Is there any benefit for a guy to get married or is it nothing but a bunch of risks?

Honestly, I know there's all that love and relationship stuff people talk about but I constantly read horror stories online of women taking so much from guys and how many years it takes to repair from a marriage and how the ex-wife is still trying to make the ex-husband's life hell. Is there any benefit to a guy getting married these days?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Relationships and/or Marriage like any other major life decisions (ie. should I go to university? which university? what to study? buying a home, buying a car, taking a job in another city or state/prov) is a risk. If you live your life trying to avoid any and all risk, than you have not lived. You might as well wrap yourself in a giant bubble and put steel bolts on all the doors and windows in your home.

Now having said that, marriage and/or relationships is not for everybody and it's a personal decision thatt everyone makes for themselves. But if you're waiting for someone to tell you that if you decide to get married, just follow these set of rules and guidelines and you won't ever run into any trouble, then you might as well be waiting for pigs to fly. There are no easy answers in life whether you're married or not. Of course there are things you can to minimize your risk (in your case, a pre-nup would be advisable), but no one can expect a completely smooth ride out of life. We all get knocked dow sometimesn, whether we saw it coming or not.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well this answers absolutely nothing. I'm talking about what benefits a guy would get if he was married, not whether or not to get married or what the risks are.

What benefits does a guy get to being married to a girl?

• How should I know? I'm not a guy and I've never been married.