I think my boyfriend is cheating on me with my sister. Should I break up with him?

They are always flirting with each other. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you define as flirting? Are they laughing with each other in a friendly manner? If it's this, then it's not flirting. Is she batting her eyelashes and touching him once in a while? Then this would be flirting.

Don't break up without talking to both your sister and your boyfriend. First, talk to your sister. Ask her: "Why are you flirting with my boyfriend? I do not like that, because he's my boyfriend, and you're my sister. First of all, he's with me, not you. Second of all, it's really strange for two sisters to like the same guy. Stop flirting with him." This is structuring it in a way that might make her see it from a different perspective.

At the same time, talk to your boyfriend. If he is responding to her flirting, then tell him: "Why are you responding to my sister's flirting? I don't like that, because you're my boyfriend, and she's my sister. First of all, you're with me, not her. Second of all, it's really strange for two sisters to like the same guy. Ignore her flirting from now on." If he already doesn't respond to her flirting, and already ignores her, then it's not his fault, but your sister's fault, and you shouldn't be trying to break up with him over the actions of your sister.

If these don't work, try to arrange it so that your boyfriend and sister are never close to each other (as much as possible).

0|0
    0|0
    • You're not overreacting. You're just concerned over your boyfriend and your sister, and that's perfectly normal.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Back when I was seeing Wilgrace, I'd tease her sister Whitney. ("Adrenaline Junkie strikes again, eh?" :-P)

But I would not let it ever get to the point that Wilgrace would feel threatened. I would assure her over and over again that it was her I was with, not her sister. That is, until Wilgrace left me for a basketball player.

Then, I would hang out with Whitney because that was my safety net friend. Until I asked if I could send the family a Christmas card. Then, they all made themselves scarce. Then, Wilgrace's cousin this year decides to flirt with me, and gets my hopes up. Then vanishes without a trace and without explanation.

I'd explain to your sister that it might be a good idea to cut back on the goofing off and teasing. Not only does it make you jealous, but it could give him the idea that your whole family is playing him. That's how I wound up feeling about Wilgrace's family; that most of them are just playing me. It's very likely he could end up with the same suspicions.

And if he gets paranoid about being played, that will poison your relationship a lot faster than any amount of him flirting with your sister.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't necessarily think anything serious is going on. He's 'safe' for your sister to flirt with; that's why he can do that so readily...probably it's just them having fun

I wouldn't break up with him over it. If the were trying to hide it from you...THEN I might worry!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd confront first before jumping to complete conclusions... I mean I used to flirt with my exs mum, but it's not like I would actually have slept with her mum if I was going out with her. I just did it because it was funny.

0|1
    0|1
  • Dont jump the gun too fast on this one!

Imo, he could just be the type of guy that likes to casually flirt with women. I do agree that flirting with your sister is unacceptable if he knows you are uncomfortable with it (you did tell him that, right?).

Do you have any other reason why you think he may be cheating with your sister?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they're not flirting at all. Maybe you're being paranoid.

But even if they are flirting, it's quite a leap to say that they must be having an affair. I think, if they were having an affair, they might deliberately try to be cold to each other in front of you. If they are flirting, that suggests they're relaxed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Confront them first, I mean I would think that if they actually were having an affair then they would be more subtle about things.

Chances are theyre just being nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is your sister hot? If so, maybe he's doing it to widen his horizon. Guys love the idea of a threesome, and whether he's trying to or not, he wants a threesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't be jumping into conclusions. You'll regret it later on.

Just be with him and learn to trust your boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• How are they flirting

Tell your sister to get it together and that you don't like the way she is with him and that you don't care if she comes off jealous and that she is your sister and that she is just gonna have to seal with it and leave your man alone too

0|0
    0|0
  • break up with both of them, shame on your sister, and your douche bag boyfriend is disrespectful doing that in front of you, time to move on

0|0
    1|1
  • whoa don't jump to conclusions yet. talk to your boyfriend about it and to your sister too cause maybe you are just overreacting.

0|0
    0|0
  • you should talk to him about it first, before jumping to breaking up with him, maybe your just overreacting

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't jump to conclusions

0|0
    0|0
  • find out for sure first before you do anything

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes