My boyfriend says I'm clingy? What should I do?

I know this is long but please bear with me.

I really appreciate if you guys can help me on this. I've known my boyfriend for almost a year. And he was the one who made the move first. But we didn't date until recently. So at the beginning he's being all over me. We talk every single day, we work together so we see each other like 4-5 days a week. I am really independent and I give my boyfriend space to do his things. His exes cheated on him so he's really protective of me. He gets jealous even if I just talk and smile at my male coworkers. I understand that so I'm giving him times to building his trust in me. Then I started taking birth control pills.And this is the first time I'm taking it. My doctor gave me a low dose estrogen one. But I've changed. It's like I get more emotional, I cry and get angry at my boyfriend for no reason. I constantly worrying about him even if he doesn't do anything wrong. I feel like I require his attention 24/7 now. And when he doesn't I feel like he doesn't love me anymore. His best friend in the whole world just came back in town and he will stay for 5 weeks for his surgery. So I let my boyfriend spend his time with him. But I still feel jealous, with his best friend. I know it's crazy but I can't do anything. So my boyfriend just told me couple days ago that I used to be really independent, and now I am clingy. That he never get to see his best friend and we see each other at work almost everyday. We haven't spent time together outside of work recently so I was sad about it. But I still him spend time with his friends this weekend and I didn't call or text him. I decided to give him space and let Him hang out as much as he wants with the other guy. I realized after what he said and I think its not healthy for us, so I'm back to my oldself and went have fun with my friend and went to party. But I worry because I don't know if he doesn't love me anymore and going to break up with me because I'm clingy ?!?.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• ya you sound clingy and overbearing. I know my buddies girlfriend doesn't like me because iam one of his good friends and she just wants his attention 24/7 just like you said. I really think she's crazy, I actually think she's psychotic and every time I see her she just scares the sh*t outta me. I keep telling him he can do better, and he can. so id say give him some space, especially now that hos best friends in town. friends are important to a healthy relationship and make life better in general