How do I get my face to be clean and clear?

I don't have a major problem with acne where my whole face breaks out in the extreme. I rinse my face everyday. I don't currently have face-wash and soap makes me break out even more then usual. My problem is that my face is never clear, my biggest areas are forehead and around my nose and chin. I had neutrogena face wash but it didn't really help out so much. What are some tips or face-wash suggestions for my face. I really want a clean clear face. Thanks/Spasiba :)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Try washing in salt water and exfoliating the face with a dead sea salt wash. Then use the acne creams or face washes, because you really need to reduce the amount of oils your skin produces, and exfoliating will do this. Do not use oil based creams and carry around alcohol based sterile wipes, to wipe your face over with now and then. Select makeup wisely, because all makeups can cause a reaction, so you really need to spend a little on makeup to get quality stuff,x

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Try witchhazel. You can get it at Wal-mart or any pharmacy. It's usually with the alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. It's an astringent that helps constrict your pores and reduce oil in your skin. It also helps keep your skin tight and reduces wrinkles over time. I use it every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Privet, It's hard to keep your skin clear when you're young, but I used and still use exfoliants, moisturiser and face scrubs... You could use alcohol based products to stop oily skin, although it can have the opposite effect and dry your skin out if you use too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try popping each zit and them applying rubbing alcohol to the area underneath. If that doesn't kill them after a week, ask your doctor about antibiotics.

DO NOT USE ACCUTANE!

It's side effects are much worse than acne. It can even make you sterile (unable to have kids).

Can't post a link till I'm at level 4, but google accutane side effect list and click the webmd .com link near the top.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use Oxy and it is a benzole application the spot treatment cleans out the acne and works great

P.S the Oxy brand is by far my favorite acne stuff and works amazing.

Oxy > Proactive

0|0
    0|0
  • Try seeing a dermatologist or aesthetician.

Pazhalusta. ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • You talk of "break-outs". So does this happen constantly or is a repeated cycle of acute incidents. Is your face ever clear?

You know how at school, there is always a kid who has such terrible acne that people think "Ahh god I look awful, oh well, at least I'm not as bad as whatshisname"? Aged 14-16, I was that kid.

I took Minocycline. I got completely clear skin. Thank God I had it, I had to continue taking it till I was 27. I tried a few times before this and always broke out again. If I hadn't had the minocycline, not only would I have had acne for 10 years, well into adult life, but I probably would have got pretty bad scars.

So if its really bad, consult a dr and hopefully they will prescribe minocycline. If its really bad.

Beware other drugs for acne they can cause depression.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of it is hormonal. I delt with it as a teenager as well...

What help was a clean diet. Plenty of greens that contain anti oxidants (salads) and vitamin C. The soap made my face worse too. It clogs your pores. You should exfoliate with this 2x a week link Apricot scrub. Don't over do it only 2x a week in the shower. Use the neutrogena face wash in the shower as well. Wash face then wash away anything that's left. Change pillow cases often. Don't rinse face it just make you make more oil or wash oil down face. Wet cloth to sponge face if needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • If topical stuff doesn't work you need to try something like anti-biotics or accutane.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can try using moisturizers or face wash. They work a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Use a product called AcneFree. It is clearly (nice pun eh?) the best. My girl uses it and her skin is perfect now.

0|0
    0|0
    • And as someone below said Pro-active this stuff is cheaper and has the same method but better. Good luck to you and Ebay has this stuff cheap. It is a 3 step thing but if you just get the purifying cleanser then all is good. Use it 3 times a day. Get two bottles for 10 bucks and that should last you 3 months or so.

• 0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I had the same problem... I did a lot of stuff for my skin and it never stayed clear. There was always at any given moment a few spots somewhere. I got fed up and then went on the pill. It cleared everything up in 6 months time and now I never get spots anymore. Sometimes it isn't because you're using wrong products or not taking proper care. It's hormonal and then no moisturizer or face wash is going to fix the problem. You'll need need something to work from the inside out (medication, the pill), not from the outside in like moisturizers work for example.

1|1
    1|0
  • Exfoliate and use a mask once a week, eat more healthy foods, drink more water, and use spot-treatments (for acne). But you really should be using face products because rinsing your face with just water won't clean the skin properly. Get products specifically for oily skin including cleanser, toner, moisturizer and serum if you really want to go crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rubbing alcohol dries skin up and helps dry up your pours. Using multiple products will help clear your skin and prevent an almost immune effect sulfur soap works well too. I did have oily skin like that but zits tend to come from clotted pours and bacteria. Washing your face with hot water and dousing it with cold will help. Also monitor how often you touch your face in the day you'd be surprised the amount of bacteria you deposit on your face from it. Eating fruits and vegetables are good for your skin whereas oily foods like pizza and potatoe chips add to the build up. I stopped touching my face and tried a vegan diet for lent and I got rid of all my acne. It's all about personal care. Besides oily skin looks youthful when it ages so be happy for it it's beautiful. :) hope I helped and good luck -Sarah

1|0
    0|0
  • I would suggest something that has 3 steps. Proactiv is expensive but it works great. Or something called "simple" that you can find at a local drug store like Walgreens, or WalMart, etc. I used to have acne in the exact places you described and I've been able to get rid of it. \(^-^)/

0|0
    0|0
  • link this stuff is good. You can get it off amazon I think they only sell it to aestheticians on their website.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont use any creams just your soap , facewash and scrub/exfoliate. Drink plenty of water ,. Eat non fat yogurt , green veggies and lots of fruits.And avoid touching the existing pimples

0|1
    0|0
  • I use this tea tree face wash from Trader Joes. Tea tree oil is a natural antimicrobial. It's brilliant and I wash my face twice a day (when I wake and before I sleep/get home/shower or what not).

A few other tips:

>> try to make sure you're not touching your face too much during the day and putting bacteria, dirt, and oils on your skin

>> wash your pillow cases every week (I know it sounds silly, but it helps. I do mine whenever I do my laundry haha.)

>> using a buff puff on your face once/ a few times a week helps remove the dead skin cells

I could go on, but there are lots of things to experiment with to figure out what works best for you specifically :) Try googling it too. You'll find some interesting methods to try also. The main thing is to keep the oils and bacteria down.

1|0
    0|0
  • Using some cosmetic products that contains all natural and safe herbs...It will also not cause any side effects at all...

0|0
    0|0
  • Know the proper care on how to taken care your skin. Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing.

0|0
    0|0
  • washing

0|0
    0|0
  • steam your face with hot water.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes