Would you move to be with a person if you both love one another.

I am talking about a non marriage relationship. You two both love one another and are considering marriage. Would you move to be with the person?

• I would move to be with the person I love
    Vote A
  • I would not move to be with the person I love
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No.

I'm in this situation right now, but I say no for a few reasons --

1. My family wouldn't like it. This seems lame, but I'm really close to them and want to stay that way, and I care about what they think. Not just my parents, my siblings too.

2. Connected to the first reason, I would miss my family a lot. I think they're just as important as a romantic relationship.

3. I have a good job and am going to grad school where I am. If I moved I would have to basically start my life over.

4. If we broke up I would be in a different state all alone. He's even said that he wouldn't want me to move there for that reason.

5. Just kind of over all that, I would feel stupid if I moved for a guy, like my life doesn't matter. Maybe some people wouldn't, but I would feel that way.

Still, part of me really wants to give everything up and just go because then we could be happy. I have to keep telling myself that logically it doesn't make sense. But if it logically makes sense in your situation, I'd say you should consider it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • One more thing -- I would move if we were engaged and planning to live there after we got married, but I don't see how we would get engaged in the first place if he was far away.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Actually, I literally did just do this. She's my best friend and we're not romantically involved, but we do love each other. I lived about an hour and a half away. Then one day, she had a meltdown and nearly tried to kill herself, and that's when I made the decision to go live closer to her. As of this weekend, we are now living together. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • no my family would be against it. my family is kinda conservative and even though I can disobey them, as much as possible I don't want my relationship with them to be chaotic. that would mean long arguments with them and my dad hurting me. -_-

1|0
    0|0
  • If we are considering marriage, then yes. I think moving for someone is a very big decision and both people should be committed enough to know that things are going to last (or at least both parties intend for it to last). It can be hard moving to a place where you don't know anyone, or having to leave a job and a nice place to be with the person you love.

Both people need to make sacrifices, so it would be a huge step in the relationship to move somewhere to be with a person. But if everything else in the relationship was going well, then yes I would move.

I've been in this situation before. I was willing to move but the other person wasn't sure what they wanted. So I let them go and I stayed. I decided to end things because we had already dated for 2 years at that point and if they weren't sure about me yet, then they probably didn't feel the same way.

Had the person felt the same way, then I probably would have left. But I'm glad I didn't since things didn't work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it in the past and there was no talk of marriage. Not giving something a chance is ultimately denying yourself of the possibilities

0|0
    0|0
  • yes..i recommend people live with each other for at least two years, if they make it that far and are super happy ,then consider marriage

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I would very likely do so, but there would of course be other factors to worry on. Finding a job and whatnot. Also if they're in another country or something would factor too. I'm not sure how my student loan debts would work then lol. Though I'm sure I'd work that all through.

0|0
    0|0
  • Was planning on doing this, I suggest moving there because the distance got rough but now she wants to end the relationship rather than try to make it work.

0|0
    0|0
  • For all practical purposes, that would be a marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would consider that, but it's not really necessary.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes