Would you move to be with a person if you both love one another.

I am talking about a non marriage relationship. You two both love one another and are considering marriage. Would you move to be with the person?

• I would move to be with the person I love
  • I would not move to be with the person I love

64

Most Helpful Girl

• No.

I'm in this situation right now, but I say no for a few reasons --

1. My family wouldn't like it. This seems lame, but I'm really close to them and want to stay that way, and I care about what they think. Not just my parents, my siblings too.

2. Connected to the first reason, I would miss my family a lot. I think they're just as important as a romantic relationship.

3. I have a good job and am going to grad school where I am. If I moved I would have to basically start my life over.

4. If we broke up I would be in a different state all alone. He's even said that he wouldn't want me to move there for that reason.

5. Just kind of over all that, I would feel stupid if I moved for a guy, like my life doesn't matter. Maybe some people wouldn't, but I would feel that way.

Still, part of me really wants to give everything up and just go because then we could be happy. I have to keep telling myself that logically it doesn't make sense. But if it logically makes sense in your situation, I'd say you should consider it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • One more thing -- I would move if we were engaged and planning to live there after we got married, but I don't see how we would get engaged in the first place if he was far away.