Should I move out with my boyfriend?

I'm 18 years old. I've known my boyfriend for 2 years now. We started officially "talking" in the fall of 2012, and he finally asked me out just a couple of months ago. Lately we've been talking about moving out together and rooming with two other people in our own townhome. But I'm really worried. I've often heard that moving in with your boyfriend can lead to a break up. Another thing I'm worried about in response to that is my family. They don't particularly like him very much, as they found out about him the wrong way (via twitter). So naturally, if I did move out with him I would lose the support of my family, and wouldn't have a place to return to if we broke up.

Another thing I'm concerned about is the fact that I don't have a car. I can't take myself to work, or school, and that task would rely on him and anybody else I could bum a ride off of. Which I don't want.

But he seems to think that moving out together will be a good thing. Especially so I can get out of the negative household I am in right now. I'm just very scared that things won't go well. He told me that if I keep doing the same things I've always done I'll never get anywhere. He said I should stop thinking so negatively and that I won't always know what's going to happen, but its worth a risk.

Everyone has always told me that family is forever and that I should be careful. I'm just not sure what I should do. It sounds like a good idea, but I'm lacking the courage it require to stand up to either my boyfriend, or my own family. My mind is in a thousand different places right now and I wish I had a better Idea of what I should do.

Please help?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It's still upon your decision. If you're really in a negative household, I think it's best if you move out with him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE