Have you ever cheated on a gf/bf?

Have you ever cheated on your partner?

If yes, why did you do it?

Do you regret it?

What drove you in that direction?

Did you confess?

Did it work out? Did you stay together or break up?

73

Most Helpful Girl

• I did- I had a boyfriend when I was about 19 and I cheated on him.

I have no idea why. I don't think I had a reason, really. It was like when my daughter (she was 5 at the time) cut a big chunk of her hair off. I asked her why she did that, because it's not like she didn't know how scissors worked- and she said she didn't know. She just really needed to do it, she said. And I totally understood because that was how it was when I cheated on my poor boyfriend that time. I don't KNOW why. I just... did.

I did regret it- I felt f***ing terrible. It hit me like 5 seconds after I put my pants on and I felt so bad.

No idea, like I said. Just dumb, I guess.

I did confess the very next day.

We broke up like a year later for reasons having nothing to do with The Incident. We were 20 and 21- I mean... yeah. I never did it again, though. And he was really cool about it- he didn't continue to punish me or anything. He was very matter-of-fact about it. He asked me if that behavior was something I intended to repeat, and I said of course not. And he asked me was I sorry, and I said YES, so sorry! And he asked me if I wanted to stay with him or was this my way of breaking up with him, and I said I wanted to stay with him. I loved him. SO he said he forgave me, and that was it. He never brought it up ever again. At the time I didn't fully appreciate how awesome he was about it.