Is he going to come back? Or should I move on

My ex and I dated for 15 months we had a great relationship but we fought a lot about him not having a reliable job and not driving for the entire relationship we split up about 4 time and each time he came back and we tried us again he told me he never loved a women like how he loved me several times and talked about marriage planned a date and even future kids names .. The last blow out we had I really said some harsh things which I ended up apologizing for he accepted my apology but told me that he was hurt beyond repair and didn't want a relationship with me or anyone right now but he wanted to stay committed friends and come back once his life's on track and only to me he wanted to be with .. The day after he ignored me all day and posted he was in a relationship on Facebook when I asked him he took it off and said he isn't in a relationship and he isn't committing to anyone but himself and he also told me he still loves me but is no longer in love with me but can probably get the feelings back and it really hurt him to say that and he told me he wanted space and to keep his distance for awhile while he gets on track I said goodbye hopeful you will text me again and he said well I don't think I'll never speak to you again . He text me that night and told me he was home and asked what I was doing and I said I thought you wanted your space you said you don't want to talk anymore and he said oh yeah well I didn't mean anymore goodnight but I was sleeping and was afraid to reply in the am I now haven't heard from him in two day or seen him in a month I had to erase him from Facebook Because it broke my heart to see him where I can't have him I can't him back so bad and I don't know what to do
So now after 7 days without speaking he sends me a happy birthday text exactly at midnight told me he really wants to be with me but he wants to better himself first so him

And I can have a better relationship he said its not that I want to avoid contact with you I just feel it's best so I can focus on myself and get my life in order then I can focus on a relationship with you he told me to have faith and he was reassuring that it's going to be OK HELP please I'm losing my mind leave or stay?
Yeah so apparently he has a very nice way of making me think he wants to be with me by telling me he loves me and wants to he with me when he fixes his life because it was all a lie he moved on and is already dating someone else after he was telling me all this 9 days ago so upset I don't understand why guys do this & give mixed signals

11