Should I move to where my girlfriend lives?

So we have been dating for a year now. I need help deciding where to go for college, I am graduating from high school in two weeks. I got accepted into a college where she lives (Grace College, Indiana) and I also got accepted to a good, impacted school where I live (Cal Poly Pomona, California). I don't know which one I should go to. It is too much of a hard decision for me to handle. Does anyone have any advice for me. Yes I love her so much, but is it worth moving my ass over there just to see her and finally be with her again? I just want people opinion, people who have done through long distance relationships before. Thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know anything about either of those schools but I say just go to whichever one will give you a better education (has the program you want, is more reputable, has the better extracurriculars) and whichever one will be less of a financial burden. I'm assuming for this second part, Cal Poly is the answer as you would get in state tuition. Either way, go to the school that will benefit YOU the most. I strongly suggest for you to not go to the one in Indiana merely because you will be closer to your girlfriend because what if you two break up? Even if you don't imagine it happening now, say it does happen; you'll be left in the middle of nowhere (Indiana lol) on your own...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• If you decide to move to where she is, don't do it for her, do it for you. There is an experience to be had in seeing the world and traveling to new places. It will give you a perspective on the real world that you can't get any other way than to leave home and your comfort zones for a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • ive been in a few long distance relationships and I for one will say that being in one is the toughest type to maintain ..u should move where she is...or you may lose her to a local boy

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in Indiana...I guarantee Cali is WAY better haha. "Love doesn't know what distance is." In other words, if it works it works. It's a hard decision, but you'll figure out what you need to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • go to the better college...long distance relations can work if you are both in love...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should follow your greatest passion of the moment... meditate on it and decide what is best for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you would like the school in Indiana even if you and your girlfriend were to break up, then I'd say go there. But if the only reason you are going there would be for her, I'd say its not worth the risk.

1|0
    0|0
  • Long distance relationships rarely work, dude! On the other hand, what if you move to wherever she lives and relationship doesn't work ? Can you get the better education chance back? No. Go for the education. It will be with you forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do what you want

0|0
    0|0
  • A relationship at your age is, no offense intended, most likely not going to last forever. However a really good education will last much longer, well...until you die really. It's either go on the off chance you two stay together forever and you miss out on a great education, or you go for the education and try and make it work.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• You have a choice of a school nobody has heard of vs Cal Poly? I understand being in love and wanting to follow her. Nobody else can make the decision for you, but you should think real carefully before turning down Cal Poly. A degree from Cal Poly can open doors for you that most other schools won't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Easy decision. Just pick the better school. That's all there is to it. Get the best education. That's all that matters.

1|0
    0|0
  • Now is the time to think about what is good for you. Think about yourself. What is best for YOU?

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to a college where you know you can achieve your dreams without too much hassle.

1|0
    0|0
  • DON'T DO IT. Girls have no idea what they want at 30, and they're "mature" at that point. Imagine what a scatterbrain she'll be at 18!? College freshman girls get tons of attention and either get shy and bitchy about it, or eat it up and become sluts. You don't want to relocate on the off-chance Johnny football hero wants to make her his Wednesday piece and she eats it all up for attention. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so if you keep it long distance and when you see each other it's good, then it may very well be meant to be. Good luck kid.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes