What made you break up with someone you had a long term relationship with?

I've seen cases where couples dated for 4-7 years and break up not because of infidelity though. How long did you dated and what made you break up with someone you had a long term relationship with?
  • Too much fighting
  • He/she tried to change me
  • Found a better person/felt I could be with someone "better"
    Vote C
  • Fell out of "love" (Please elaborate if you chose this)
    Vote D
  • See answer
    Vote E

149

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a relationship for 6 years! I slowly started falling out of love with him because of certain things he said. They were automatic deal breakers to me... Like for instance, a big reason I broke it off with him was because he & his family were a bit racist. A guy dating me cannot be racist because every guy who dates me knows that I am bi-racial. So, what's going to happen when we decide to get married & black people show up from my side of the family to the wedding? Is that going to be a problem, because it sure isn't a problem to me. I see no difference. Also, I came from a lower-income background, but I never once looked down upon my life. I thought life was so good growing up! He would bring it to my attention though & talk down upon me. He comes from a really rich background & along with that comes a lifestyle & a certain type of personality if you let it get to your head. We just clashed & I couldn't take it anymore. Another deal breaker was that he would make jokes about my mom. She suffers from a severe illness & I have no idea how long she'll be here for.. So that really hurt me anytime he would say something about her situation in the wrong light. Sometimes you can try so hard to make it work & bring things to your partner's attention. Which I did, but everything kept adding up & made me think less of him when I used to think he was the greatest guy in the world! People change!

• He sounds like an a**hole, good you left!

• Haha yes. :) He was a closet a**hole. lol. Everyone thought we were the happiest couple, but no one knows what a person is like behind closed doors! Personality shines bright then! I'm glad I left too! :)