Any advice would be nice

My ex girlfriend and I dated for almost 2 years. The last month if the relationship she changed dramatically. She just had so much hatred for me. In her words, she was a raging bi*ch to me. She cried a lot during the last month if the relationship. Next thing I know she breaks up with me over the phone. About 3 weeks later she's dating some other guy who is 30 (she is 22). I don't know if it is a rebound relationship or not but at the moment she seems happy. She wouldn't tell me when she started seeing him because "it's none of my business." Her reasons for breaking up with me are that we are two different people. She has contacted me in some various forms but I'm not sure if I want to take anything from it. She blocked my number and Facebook (she acts hot and cold with me). I'm a month into NC after 2 months since the BU...I feel so lousy at the moment

54

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a really sh-tty way to go through a breakup, it would make anyone feel lousy. I don't know if this is going to make you feel better or worse, but I'm just gonna be honest. It sounds to me like she had her mind made up for awhile before the breakup, but was feeling bad or guilty about ending it even though that's what she really wanted... which she showed by acting angry and emotional all of the time. It's impossible to say if this new guy is a rebound, but I have a feeling that she knew him for a lot longer than 3 weeks.

Most importantly, I personally think that she handled the breakup really badly, and is still handling it badly by randomly contacting you and then blocking you. Maybe she's doing it because she still feels guilty, maybe because she misses having contact with you (you were together for 2 years, after all,) or maybe she's just self-absorbed and wants to keep you at an arm's length in case she changes her mind. No matter what her motive is, I think it's best for you to try to let it all go and move on - don't respond to her attempts to contact you and block HER from your life. Spend your time doing stuff that makes YOU happy and get yourself around people who are nice and appreciate you, and pretty soon you won't care at all why she's behaving this way.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This new guy is her neighbor and family friend. She told me she was texting him the last month or so of th relationship. She kept saying she never cheated on me, but who knows. One of our mutual friends says she didn't dump me for him, but again who knows.