Is having opportunity a good reason for someone to cheat?

I found out my girlfriend cheated on me, and she told me that it was because she felt pressured to do so because she constantly had guys coming up to her. She said that I wouldn't understand because I never have the same opertunities as her. Is that really supposed to justify what she did?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Her justification was most likely an attempt to soften the blow of being caught. There is no justifiable reason to explain cheating. She claims you don't understand, but it appears she's the one who doesn't understand. You can't be pressured to do something you shouldn't or don't want to do.

Most likely she saw an opportunity she didn't want to pass up. Perhaps he appealed to her physically, or just had a magnetic personality. Regardless of the reason, for that moment, she elected to forget she was in a committed relationship and made a conscious decision to act on his advances.

Relationship commitment is important, with trust being a key component. Guys will come and guys will go. While women may get more opportunities, its rare that we can find a decent guy that will be with us for long term when so many of them just want sex. She took a major risk in destroying her relationship for a few moments of an immoral guilty indulgence.

Granted a guy may look better, have a better personality in terms of sweet talking women, but that doesn't mean he is actually better in character nor that he has long term interest in her. Taking a risk like that will kill trust, cause undue pain and kill a relationship. IMO you're better off without her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• F*** no. There's no excuse for cheating and her reasoning has to be the lamest I've ever heard. How could guys coming up to her pressurize her? Did they pin her down? Did they threaten her? Opportunity to cheat only presents itself if you see it as an opportunity. If you have no intentions of cheating you don't even consider it. And stating you wouldn't understand cause you haven't had the same opportunities is beyond insulting and demeaning. Get rid

1|0
    0|0
  • of course it does not justify what she did but I do understand what she's trying to say. it's hard to resist especially if these guys who are coming up to her SEEM like better in every aspect of the current bf.. better personality, funnier and even better looks. but that is why there's what we call commitment, we discipline ourselves and be contented of what we have and stay away from those temptations cause it may progress to falling for that other person and can lead to cheating. also the more it's hard to resist if the boyfriend is not treating his girlfriend well. I think a girl or guy who can withstand to such constant temptations is very admirable and the marrying type.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's true about girls. We can get it any time we want but she has no excuse. Just like if its some hot rich guy like arnold who gets women always checking him out. Nobody has an excuse to cheat.

2|0
    0|0
  • She's retarded. Might as well say she fell on his cock. Oops

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• worst excuse ever bro...throw her in a public garbage bin

expose her to all your social circle and surroundings, Facebook, everywhere.

make sure you advertise her nature so much that she will feel like you have tattooed on her face "i'm a cheating whore" .

1|0
    0|0
  • "she felt pressured to do so because she constantly had guys coming up to her"

"She said that I wouldn't understand because I never have the same opertunities as her."

No offence, bro, but what a disgusting little b*tch! Please, tell me you dumped her right in that very moment.

2|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like what Tiger Woods said.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's not justifiable. She cheated because she wanted to.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes