Why is my ex boyfriend texting me?

I went out sat night annd my ex(of 5 years and 2 kids) text me till 3 in the morning even though he had to work early. this is just one of his many mixed signals that makes me think wtf does he want lol we are always flirty when we talk to ... and I should mention he has a girlfriend if you want more details just ask
Opps couldn't type it all below. So I text him sayng I was fine my phone diea he told mw it was good talking because he has never seen or heard me like that . The. Next morning I said sorry for my drunkin text and he said it was fun to talk to me. We talked all that day to till 11 pm and now o haven't heard from him since almost a week

11