My boyfriend wants to break up with me because I deserve better...What?

Hi, he told me he wants to break up with me because I deserve better because right now his life is screwed up and he doesn't know what he is doing with it. He says that he doesn't want a relationship right now, but he still loves me. I convinced him that since this came out of the blue we should go on a break for two weeks. He agreed but warned me not to get my hopes up. I honestly do not know what to do, I love him too and I'm not sure how I am going to handle this.

Advice please!
We have been dating for a year and three months if that helps, so this is not a fledgling relationship.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Something obviously happened here. Usually stuff like this doesn't come out of the blue. Has his behavior changed recently? Did something happen in his family? I went through this and it was painful. I found out later that he just wasn't feeling the spark anymore and there was a ton of issues at home.

Best thing to do is to give him a lot of space. Don't talk to him. Ask your friends to keep you occupied and give them your phone/ change your Facebook password/ whatever it is you need to do. Try to be independent and move on the best you can.

It really really sucks and is SO painful. I feel for you and wish you weren't going through this. Please don't hate me for saying this because I hated it every time when it was said to me, but if it is meant to be, he'll come back to you.