Can your boyfriend/girlfriend still be "friends" with their ex?

So recently I found out this girl likes me and I like her back. However something to note is that she broke up with her ex about 2 months ago because he was cheating on her for about 2 months within their year and a half relationship. I want to make her my girlfriend but I don't know because she still worries about her ex since he recently got put in jail. She told me they are just friends and that she doesn't want him plus he has a girlfriend (the one he used to cheat on her). Should I not ask her to be my girlfriend or what? Please help :( I don't know what to do!

05

Most Helpful Guy

• It's too soon. I know your gut might say that things would work out, but you have a very very low chance of that happening. You can try to make her your girlfriend when she gets over the guy, but not now. She maybe attracted to you, but she's still in love with her ex. I'm telling you this based on experience, don't jump the gun. You'll just land yourself in a world of hurt if you fall for her.

If you still want to go ahead, at least take things slow. She will try and replace him with you and she'll try to fill that void as fast as possible. Don't fall for it. Take it nice and easy.

It's understandable up to an extent to be friends with your ex. If the worrying becomes too much on her part, or she talks about the guy too much, take a break from the relationship.

No one deserves to be fed someone else's crap.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow thanks! Yea she talked to me and take things slow because she said she wants to take things slow with me because she wants to make sure she doesn't want me as someone to replace her ex and make sure its me that she wants. So yea we are taking things slow which is fine by me :D