Can your boyfriend/girlfriend still be "friends" with their ex?

So recently I found out this girl likes me and I like her back. However something to note is that she broke up with her ex about 2 months ago because he was cheating on her for about 2 months within their year and a half relationship. I want to make her my girlfriend but I don't know because she still worries about her ex since he recently got put in jail. She told me they are just friends and that she doesn't want him plus he has a girlfriend (the one he used to cheat on her). Should I not ask her to be my girlfriend or what? Please help :( I don't know what to do!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's too soon. I know your gut might say that things would work out, but you have a very very low chance of that happening. You can try to make her your girlfriend when she gets over the guy, but not now. She maybe attracted to you, but she's still in love with her ex. I'm telling you this based on experience, don't jump the gun. You'll just land yourself in a world of hurt if you fall for her.

If you still want to go ahead, at least take things slow. She will try and replace him with you and she'll try to fill that void as fast as possible. Don't fall for it. Take it nice and easy.

It's understandable up to an extent to be friends with your ex. If the worrying becomes too much on her part, or she talks about the guy too much, take a break from the relationship.

No one deserves to be fed someone else's crap.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow thanks! Yea she talked to me and take things slow because she said she wants to take things slow with me because she wants to make sure she doesn't want me as someone to replace her ex and make sure its me that she wants. So yea we are taking things slow which is fine by me :D

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 4

• In this case I say not to make her your girlfriend, because the breakup is too fresh and she is still friends with him.

At this point, if you aim to girlfriend this girl, it's gonna be a love triangle. :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's possible that your partner still be friends with their ex. But most of the time, people and their ex's doesn't want to be friends anymore. Maybe because of the pain and they are scared to fall again with that person. And sometimes, people wants to be friends with their ex because their ex is special, and they want him/her to stay in their life. Can you feel that she's over him already? If she always talks about her ex, she's not yet okay. This time, just show her that you're there for her. And if she wants to talk about it, listen. But if you feel and know that they're just friends, ask her to go out, and eventually, she'll be your girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • dont do it... she's still friends with him? you gotta ask yourself why would she want to be friends with an ex that cheated on her...

2 months is not enough time. if you're willing to be her rebound then sure go ahead...but I doubt she's over him

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on what the circumstance was for the break up. However I'm still undecided whether or not you can stay friends with your ex's cause you only saw them one way and usually after sometime. The majority of the girls I dated I am no longer on speaking terms with. and I actually think that will benefit you when it comes to a new relationship. I think people who have been divorced sometimes have to stay on speaking terms to benefit the children if they have any. And back to what I said at the beginning. I'm undecided but I guess it always depends on the two people involved.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes