How to tell a guy you really like you are scared to get hurt?

i was set up with a guy who is friends with my family. he seems like a nice guy and I think he and I are a good match. 6 months ago I got out of a long relationship and I am still healing. I don't want to jump into anything but I am very interested in this guy as a boyfriend. I think once we see each other more I will trust him and be able let my guard down. but now is the problem. I am a very private guarded person normally, but this last guy did a number on me and I know I have issues from that on top of all that. I don't want to seem like damaged goods or not over my ex. because I totally am over him, just not with what he did. I am very scared to go through that hurt again and I will always be. how can I give this new guy a little heads up that he will just have to be patient. he knows from my family about my ex and that he wasn't a good guy and he even brought it up on our first date. it was very casual, "didnt hear good things about the last guy.." I just said I wouldn't expect you to, he was a jerk, and told him just a little of how we broke up. we've seen each other 3 times since he got my number and we talk everyday so I'm thinking he wants to stick around longer (I hope I'm right, I've been fooled before). I like him so I don't want him to think I'm just not interested or something. should I just keep it to myself or try to explain why I'm going to take it slow?
haha you guys are right! I over think everything...just needed a reality check!

11