I want to move to a new state...but I am in love with someone here.

I want to move to Seattle in August. I have very few ties here but there is one person that I just can't move on from. He is my ex boyfriend, I am still in love with him and we are still extremely good friends. We sometimes hook up, I would date him again in a heart beat but he says that he doesn't want to date anyone right now.

I know that I shouldn't let him hold me back, but the thought of leaving him kills me. He is literally the only thing that makes me want to stay here. I just don't know how to make myself leave.

Any advice? This is weighing so heavily on my mind.
To those who say he is using me...I initiate hook ups sometimes too. He didn't have to talk me into it. I guess I just felt like it was better to have some of him than none of him.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to have no contact with him until you are over him. I would say that moving away from him would be really good for your self esteem. Right now you are just his little plaything, and that speaks poorly about your self worth. You really need to cut him out of your life completely.