Which brand/model earphones do you recommend? Why do my earphones always break?

i want ones that have good bass and good quality but not more than $20

i tried ihip brand and theyre pretty good but they keep falling apart please help!
Updates:
thank you everyone for your input! I wish apple would invent the next wireless earbuds or something lol

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Headphones do break quite easily sadly. I never invest too much in mine unless I'm using them for more high quality things like live sound mixing, song mixing, etc.

For what you what, it's just about finding a balance you like. Personally, I love the in-ear Creative EP-630's. They normally last me at least a year if not longer. I can't have the traditional headphones because... well my ears are too small and the earpieces are too big... so I love in ear because they don't fall our when I'm at the gym and there's a range of sizes!

1|0
    0|0
    • thanks these have great reviews on amazon I'm gonna order them! lets see how they last, would you say the bass is good on these?

• Very good, I love to run to the bass and these are perfect. I have been buying for years and very happy!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• It's probably the way you wrap them. Are you wrapping them around your ipod? If so leave a loop (where it plugs in) & put a finger on the side of the ipod. Then wrap it around. When you remove your finger there will be a space so the wire doesn't get broken from wrapping it too tightly.

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't matter if you have $5 to $120 earphones...it breaks so damn easily. I tried them all. It expected when the parts are small and the earphones take a lot of abuse.

I decided to spend more thinking the build quality is better on a pair of klipsch x7i's but nope! the earphones broke within 6 months. Sound quality is amazing but pricey but there's a 2 year company warranty on it...thank god!

0|0
    0|0
  • All earphones suck! At least the cheap ones! They last max 2 months! Once only the one will fail then both of them... at times I've destroyed them right away in rage after one just started to be failing.. god damn low-quality Chinese crap!

Buy headphones! Seriously! They will last - they got MUCH richer and thicker sound and actually they got a bass... and the funniest thing? They cost roughly the same as earphones!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you keep getting earphones if they break so easily? Just buy some good headphones and actually spend some money. Would you rather spend $20 for earphones 3 times or spend $40 on a good pair of headphones once?

0|1
    0|0
  • I recommend these I got mines at Target last year? For around $23.00 after tax. I know its a little high but worth it.

link

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheap earphone break because they're cheap. They have to cut the building costs from somewhere so they're not that well made. On top of that earphones break more easily than headphones. How do you treat the earphones? Do you just wrap them around your ipod like THE Godfather said? Are they in your bag in the middle of hard objects banging against them?

I'd actually recommend buying ones with a little higher budget. They're higher quality so they last longer so you don't have to buy new so often and you might actually save money that way. Also they usually have better and longer warranties so even if you do break them, you can just replace them with it. And thirdly they have a much better sound quality and better, deeper bass like you seem to like.

Oh and like konnour I'd also recommend headphones. You get much more bang for your buck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had the same ones for years, one has been crazy glued in several places, the other not. Get ones with soft flexible wires. The thicker stiff ones are the ones that I keep repairing but they sound to amazing.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't understand how everyone seems to break theirs so easily... I usually keep a pair earphones for about three years before they start to fall apart, and I only ever spend about $15 - $20 on them. I recently got a new pair from Skull Candy and they're pretty sweet so far. link

0|0
    0|0
  • Skullcandy!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes