How long did it take to get over your long relationship?

For those of you that have been in relationships that lasted a year or longer, how long did it take you to get over your ex. How did you finally know you were over him/her?
  • 2 weeks or less
  • 2 weeks- a month
  • Over a month- 3 months
    Vote C
  • Over 3 months
    Vote D

86

Most Helpful Guy

• The softball answer is "As long as it takes". You don't really have control over when feelings go away. They just sort of do. But if you want to get over her you need to stop with the flings first of all.

After that you can help it through by putting the relationship behind you if there's nothing left to resolve and getting on with your life. Go out with friends, do your thing, and start dating again when you feel comfortable with it. If you aren't obsessing over your ex then one day you will wake up and realize you can't remember when the last time you thought about him/her was and you're completely over him/her.

hope this helps ^_^