How long did it take to get over your long relationship?

For those of you that have been in relationships that lasted a year or longer, how long did it take you to get over your ex. How did you finally know you were over him/her?
  • 2 weeks or less
    Vote A
  • 2 weeks- a month
    Vote B
  • Over a month- 3 months
    Vote C
  • Over 3 months
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The softball answer is "As long as it takes". You don't really have control over when feelings go away. They just sort of do. But if you want to get over her you need to stop with the flings first of all.

After that you can help it through by putting the relationship behind you if there's nothing left to resolve and getting on with your life. Go out with friends, do your thing, and start dating again when you feel comfortable with it. If you aren't obsessing over your ex then one day you will wake up and realize you can't remember when the last time you thought about him/her was and you're completely over him/her.

hope this helps ^_^

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Well my long term relationship lasted 8 years and it took me about 2 months to start at least noticing other women. But after a year and a half I still remember her and being with her even though there have been women I've had crushes on. I doubt I'd be ready to see her with another guy anytime soon. Maybe if I was with a girl and was very happy then maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes there is no getting over certain ex's , I'd say regrets could drag on forever . but realistically after a couple months you should be ready to at least meet other people and ready to get back out there again

0|0
    0|0
  • Over 3 months, easily :\ a year isn't that long imo.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never did, never will.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost immediately. I knew I was over her when I had no problem talking her friend into bed. That was 3 days after we'd broken up.

1|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 8

• For me when it was over, it was over. Two of the breakups I saw coming (those were engagements I broke because they just weren't right), the last one I had no clue until the 'other' woman called me to let me know about his infidelity. I told him to get out of my house and life that day and that was that. I'm not one to hold on to pain if I can help it. All were no further contact breakups.

0|0
    0|0
  • We lived together for about 3 years, and it took me about 3 months to get over it. (This was about a year and a half ago.) I knew I was over it when I found some of his sh*t in my house and I didn't feel any kind of way about it. I just mailed it to his mother's house. He has called me a few times since we broke up and I never pick up- I don't have anything to say, and he doesn't have anything I want to listen to.

I heard he's seeing someone now, and all I can think is "that poor girl".

1|0
    0|0
  • For me I'd say about two months? That first month is hard, because you think about them so much. As time goes by the feelings start to faid from your mind. Doesn't mean they aren't there though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how long if it was 4 year relationship maybe two weeks to a month if it was a two year maybe two weeks . . . Also depends what kind of break up it was but in most of my breakups I always was the one to fall out of love or whatever so it never really was hard. Like they say to get over someone you need to get under someone LMao jk.only some people that might work for. But I knew I was over someone right away when I could care less if they had a gf

0|0
    0|0
  • I once heard soemone say it takes half the time you were together, to get over it.

But I also think it depends on the breakup. I dated a guy back in high school for 3 years, was literally over itin a couple of hours, but I had been planning it for awhile and I was the one who broke up with him.

Then in college I was with this guy for 2 1/2 years. It took me a little over a year to get over it completely (this involved me dating other guys, but, I still cried over him)

That situation was different though as neither of us wanted it to end, but his parents threatened to cut him off and disown him if we didn't end it. We snuck around for awhile but other people found out and were black mailing us... eventually we were caught, and, it was just a huge mess. But I kept hoping we might find a way to make it work =/

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not fully over him sadly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was with him for four years, it's been a year since we broke up and I'm still not completely over him. :/

0|0
    0|0
  • it took me 3 months and it was beacuse I found someone else

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes