He refuses to talk about other girls? Why would he act like this?

My ex dumped me about 6 months ago, because he was under heavy stress and said he couldn't deal with a relationship. The stress is real, I understand that now. I was upset for about a month but pulled myself together and I moved on, so did he. I heard he was going out and flirting with girls but refusing to date them. I'm over him, it's okay. We were best friends for a long time before but now we don't talk.

But I was at a mutual friend's house a couple of months after the break up and they were all talking about how lately whenever they talk about girls and how they want to pick a girl up or try and ask a girl out, he'd bow his head and avoid the conversation. He doesn't go out and flirt anymore. He even looked a bit upset.

Just wondering what this could mean out of curiousity? Why would a guy act like this? I have a soft spot I will admit but I know not to get back together.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• The breakup could be catching up to him. Or it could just be he's been feeling down for other reasons and flirting isn't top priority.

Though, like Paolo said, your gut is usually right. If you're concerned for him, reach out to him and see how he responds. Even if nothing comes of it, the caring words and support won't be wasted.

• Thanks for BA!

• Thanks for the good answer!

• lol no prob