I don't really know what to do from here. Advice?

I've kind of got myself cornered. There is this guy who I've been fond of for quite a long time and every time I'm around him I just feel like I want to scream. I just want to tell him how I feel, but for whatever reason there is something in the back of my head preventing me from doing so.

This could possibly be because of the fact that he just got out of a bad relationship about a month ago. If the feeling is mutual I'm pretty sure that he won't approach me about it because I know that he has lost a lot of confidence as a result of his recent break up.

I'm painfully aware of the fact that if I want anything to happen between us I'm the one that has to initiate it. I have absolutely no idea where to begin. We're both very introverted and quiet, which makes it slightly more difficult for things to get started. There is also a very strange relationship between the two of us. We rarely speak, which probably sounds ridiculous, but the little time we spend together consists of minimal conversation and a lot of pregnant silence. I get the vibe that he wants to say something, but he never does. At this point he probably thinks that I dislike him, which is probably a big reason why I haven't said anything. I'm worried he's going to be incredibly taken back and freaked out. One of my biggest flaws is that I'm embarrassingly bad at expressing my emotions and I also get really nervous when I'm around him. Despite this I've already decided that I want to tell him. I don't have a lot of time left because I'm leaving on a two month trip soon and will not have access to the Internet or phones.

Any advice or anecdotes will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

01