Does my boyfriend want me to be honest?

Okay, so I have been dating this boy for a couple months now and I've been having some issues but I'm not sure if I should talk to him about it. He works nights and doesn't have a car and I feel like I invest a lot into this relationship and he's not really doing the same. I'm almost done with college and he still hasn't gone back to school and I guess it scares me a little that he's not super motivated to get his life together. But I don't want to be a nagging or whiny girlfriend. So my question is is this a conversation I should have with him or not?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• better sooner than later. Better now than when you've grown to resent him more further down the line.

If you love him you should really try to figure out a way to be honest and forward without being mean or condescending. Try to tell him you how you're feeling in a way that demonstrates both love but a firm desire to get a result. It can be a difficult subject to broach and for him maybe difficult to hear but it will be a necessary conversation to have if the relationship is going progress and last

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I would pretty much guarantee you two are not a good match for each other based on the differences in your goals. if you do want to salvage the relationship, don't wait any longer to confront him about this. A corollary to that is never get involved with anyone that has less to lose in the relationship than you. In other words, there is a reason doctors shouldn't date strippers.

0|0
    0|0
  • well he doesn't want you to be dishonest

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's better to have a conversation NOW and see where and what he's planning to do with his life. And if he's working on it, you're there to support him. But if down the road, he hasn't done much... I'd move on.

So, you can make a decision about the relationship.

With a guy/girl, who not ambitious, determined to get their life on track... Having a game plan, holds the other person back to an extent.

It's about honesty and communication for you guys right now.

IMO, it's about being on the same page as someone or at least working towards something.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes