Is it possible to love someone and to cheat?

I'm curious about this. Personally I can't, even when I don't love still the gal, I'm not able to cheat even if the chance to it is there.

• Yeah, for sure!
  • Hell no!
Such interesting opinions we've got here! Keep'em coming!

1710

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people who cheat "believe" they love the person when they don't really or not as much as they should be feeling anyway. So to them, they do believe they love them but when the temptation to cheat is there, they take it for the fun of it and don't think of the consequences. I think they feel quite hurt and maybe even ashamed of their actions when their partner leaves them over it. I think that's when the reality of their actions affects them. Whereas, people who genuinely love their partners would very easily turn away any form of temptation to cheat.

Some people cheat for different reasons. Sex addicts are probably more likely to cheat, despite truly loving their partner. The temptation is just too strong for them to resist. So I guess it is possible for someone to love someone completely but still cheat.

My ex cheated on me but I can't tell if he ever truly loved me. We lost our virginity to each other and we were together for a couple years. When I found out he'd cheated on me, he said he'd propose to me in the next 6 months but I refused and left him. You don't just throw proposals around and he was really upset and sorry when I found out. He said he never told me because he didn't want to lose me. That looks like he loved me but (like I said in the beginning) I always think that if you truly love someone, you wouldn't and couldn't cheat on them.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE