My Ex keeps saying he is going to kill himself.

My ex keeps saying that he is going to kill himself. He has called me over to his place before because he was cutting himself. I cleaned him up and tried to make him feel better. And although I do not want to see any harm come to him, its starting to get to the point where I can't take it anymore. And although we are friendly to each other, I am not with him, nor will I get back with him. I'm just not sure how to handle this situation. I know that he wants to get back together, and I fear if I tell him that I have started seeing someone else he might actually kill himself. What do I do?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• My first serious relationship was complicated. I was young, naive, and self-absorbed.

She cut herself. She talked about killing herself from time to time. She told me if I ever left her she would do it. I talked myself into believing she wouldn't really do it. She had cut herself so often that I thought that was all she would do. It was normal.

I eventually broke it off. I moved cities and put some distance between us.

I remember the phone ringing one day and hearing her voice on the other end. This was some time later. I don't know how she got my number but it didn't matter.

I remember saying "who is this" knowing full well who it was. She said her name and I don't know why I said it, I didn't think, but I said "don't ever call me again" and she didn't.

She's dead. She slit her wrist and bled out.

I swear to you I felt the weight of that day for years to come. You don't want that. Talk to someone. I don't know who but don't make the same mistake. It'll never leave you.