I broke up with my ex-boyfriend, and now I regret it. Is there any hope for us? And where do I go from here?

My ex and I spent most of the first part of our relationship long distance. I just moved back to town a couple of weeks ago, and things just fell apart. I think we both had expectations about how things would go when I returned, and neither of our expectations were met. Our communication fell apart, we were both unhappy, and so I broke up with him. It only took 6 minutes on the phone to do it, and he seemed completely on board. The next day, I of course regretted it and apologized and tried to fix things, but he said it was for the best and wouldn't get back together.

I've been trying really hard to give him space and not blow up his phone like a typical, super needy girl. Yesterday was his birthday, so I texted him to say happy birthday and I took a chance and asked him to let me take him to dinner, and I was shocked when he said yes. I took him to a nice dinner and to his favorite place for craft beer (the shared hobby that originally brought us together). I made sure to keep things light, never bringing up anything serious, and we had a genuinely good time together. I also purposefully dressed in an outfit that I knew would tempt him. When we left the bar and got in the car, he couldn't keep his hands off of me. We went back to his place and had the best sex we've had yet. It was overall a really great night.

My question is, where do I go from here? I really want to be with him, but I have no idea what to do at this point. I texted him this morning thanking him for saying yes and telling him what an amazing time I had, and not just the sex. He made what I think was a joke about him having to show me a good time because I payed. I made a lame joke back about having to pay more often, and then nothing. No response. What should I do now?

Oh, and just for reference, I'm 25 and he just turned 31.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• No, there's no hope

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE