Would it hurt you if your girlfriend cut herself?

Would it hurt you if a recent ex you still loved cut herself because of something you did?
Updates:
I still cut but not with him . He's gone out and deslt drugs sbd everything. Id say I'm in tge better situation

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That would freak me the hell out! My brother's girlfriend cuts herself whenever there's conflict and she uses it to manipulate him. I've whitnessed it myself. I don't want to have anything to do with a relationship with a girl like that.

I'm sorry but I can't do it. I understand people cut themselves because they feel so empty and hurt that they need to feel alive somehow. But it is a sign of mental instability.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• It would hurt me at first, but I might end up leaving her because I don't want to be with a girl who's gonna cut herself or anything else like that every time we have an argument or get mad at each other. A girl like that diesn't know how to handle arguments and stuff like that with a boyfriend or husband. She is not my kinda girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is way too vague and you can't expect a general answer to resolve a very specific situation.

Overall though, it would be sad and nobody deserves to go through that kind of pain.

0|1
    0|0
    • He went and hooked up with a girl a couple days after we split and he knew I still loved him.

• Show All
    • It can be manipulation but often it isn't the sole purpose or even main. For me I feel like I'm abput to lose my mind the only thing thay calms me down is cutting

• No because I know she was trying to make me feel bad by damaging herself. I dated a cutter and dumped her because of her habits(and other reasons). I don't want to date someone who is willing to hurt herself to try to make me feel bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I still loved her? sure I guess, but I wouldn't break up with a girl I loved so in all honesty no because id think she's just being an attention whoare

0|0
    0|0
  • It breaks my heart when I know any girl cuts, but I probably wouldn't feel guilty. Why would you try to make him believe he's the reason you cut?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because he was. Bit now its this or that.

• Of course ! Whatever I did, wrong or not. I may disagree with the reason of her pain but I don't like to see people suffering.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course, it's heartbreaking when someone you care about hurts themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would hurt me, yes.

Is that the aim?

0|1
    0|0
  • definitely.

0|1
    0|0
    • i've had friends who have done things like be anorexic in these situations, this can happen

• It's quite upsetting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering how you did it as a freakout over something your boyfriend did AFTER the relationship ended, and you did it only to see if he'd react, I'd say you're probably VERY unstable. That's seriously fucked up shit, right there.

If you tried that shit on me, the only reaction you'd get would be anger. After that, I would immediately write you off as a fucking psycho, and sever any and all forms of communication. I actually know from experience. I had an ex once, who swallowed a bottle of pills, went to the hospital, and contacted me to tell me it was my fault for breaking up with her. This was how I handled it. I called her on it, told her just how much of a psycho she was, and completely vanished from her world. I also had a friend who did this kinda crap just to get attention. Can't tell you how relieving it was to kick that fucked up pathetic jerk, the fuck out of my life.

I would recommend you seek help. If you did that because of stress, I would suggest therapy, but you did this because you wanted attention. That's just about as bad. Maybe worse. Seek help. Get over your boyfriend. You're not in love, you're obsessed, and completely manipulative. What you did is sick. Plain and simple.

Get... fucking... help... NOW!

4|2
    0|0
    • That's not good. By the way you still seriously need some help. Get out of that relationship, find someone better, but before you do, seriously get some help. Some serious psychological help. As soon as possible. Work on this cutting thing. It's dangerous, it's unhealthy, it's disgusting, and if you're doing it to get a reaction, hurt people or keep them around, then you're even more messed up. You need help, and I am not saying this to be mean, or to put you down, you need serious help, now!

• Show All
    • That's a plus, I suppose, but it might be wise to work on not cutting yourself, in the meantime.

If friends and family can't help, it might be wise to try new treatments, or medications though. If therapy didn't help, try someone or something else. Maybe groups too. If the medication didn't work for you, maybe you should try some other kinds of medications. Even then, there's also another question of what's stressing you in the first place.

• Blah, I know I'm not helping much, but seriously for whatever it's worth, I am trying, and despite how my first message came off, I DO care.

• Of course it would.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I call bullsh*t. If I cut myself, that's something *I* did to me. For someone to suggest that another person is to blame for his/her self-harming behavior is manipulative and incorrect. By that reasoning then everyone would have to do what the cutter says or else the cutter will cut and it will be the fault of anyone who angered him/her. F***that.

1|1
    0|0
    • The wording of this question "Would it hurt you if a recent ex you still loved cut herself because of something you did? " suggests it. link

• I am passing familiar with self-harming behavior. I know that for many cutters, it's a shameful act, but one that helps them translate psychic pain into a more manageable form- physical pain. However, cutters who cut as a way to cope are secretive about their practice- it's a personal ritual. Cutters who cut and then hold up their wounds to show someone to punish him/her for whatever transgression the cutter feels they have committed IS manipulation- period.

• Are you cutting yourself to get back at your ex?

That'd be sad and vindictive, not to mention intensely manipulative.

Don't do things like that to get a man back, this is why men can't stand us!

He's an ex, grieve and then move on.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm quite sure it would

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes