Is this cheating or just a dumb thing?

I have a boyfriend who I truly love but we went through a period where we fought all the time and it got to the point that I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay with him or move on. During that time, I was out with my friends one night and as I was leaving the bar a guy I had been talking to who is my friends friend gave me a kiss on the lips goodnight. It was literally a 5 second peck but I let it happen because I was so unsure of what I wanted at the time. A few days later my boyfriend and I had a big discussion and it was like a lightbulb went off and I knew he was all I wanted and we have been fine since. First off, does that count as cheating? And second, should I admit it to him or just keep it to myself as a lesson of what never to do again. I don't know if me admitting it would only hurt him and be me getting my guilt off my conscience when really I deserve to feel bad. Please help
Updates:
I've had no contact with the guy since and don't plan to ever again

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• thats a toughie. I think you should tell him and no longer be around that friends friend.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I wouldn't say its cheating, since you didn't initiate it. But by keeping it from him it is a sort of infidelity.

So read this very carefully: You MUST, I repeat, you MUST tell him, and tell him NOW. If he's a reasonable guy and not a chode he will realize that you are sorry and it wasn't anything you planned on. Do it and do it NOW if you haven't already.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you two weren't officially broken up then yes that is cheating. Would you consider it cheating if he kissed another woman?

As far as telling him about it, you have to think that one out. If you are sure that your tracks are covered then go ahead and keep it a secret if that's what you want and feel is right. However, I'd HATE to learn about my girlfriend cheating through a third party. You can't guarantee everyone will keep quiet.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Personally, I would qualify that as cheating. BUT I wouldn't tell him. That could ruin the relationship. Just make sure to stay clear of this "friend" from now on.

0|0
    0|0
    • @update: good girl!

Recommended myTakes