When do a guy starts missing a girl?

Say it was an ex date, ex girlfriend, someone he knows, etc.

When does he starts thinking about her? When would he contact her (days, months, etc)? Why? I guess I want to know when a guy contact me again, it is because (he wants sex)? He wants to talk?

I am frustrated because we were casually dating and then he disappeared right after sex. He contacted me about a month after explaining that he was busy with his internship and he is about to get a job. I said that was wonderful but I am focusing my career and don't have time either. (My age on here is not correct).

Anyways, it was suppose to be casual and I expressed emotion which I realized that it is impossible to like him because he didn't treat his ex kindly (he ignored her and she is abusive). I am not like her but I guess he didn't think I was good enough for him. Any advice?

11