People who've been cheated on, less likely to cheat?

We all know that when something negative happens to a person, they do whatever they can to avoid it from happening in the future. But would that person also avoid inflicting the same damage to someone else? I'm mainly wondering if girls/guys who have been cheated on would be less likely to cheat on their partner.

The reason I'm asking is because my gf's behavior has been off lately. There are times where she'll avoid questions and times where she won't really tell me what she's up to or what her plans on for the next day. Part of me thinks she just doesn't see it as important, so she doesn't tell me what she's up to.

She has been cheated on before, multiple times and has done everything to ensure that I won't cheat on her, even though she knows I love her and wouldn't dream of it.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• If she is cheating, it is not because she got cheated on, it would be because she is a selfish person who isn't thinking of anyone but herself,my ex was cheated on (so he said) come to find out he was the biggest liar and cheater I have ever met,he was doing so much dirt ,and I had the feeling in my gut although he swore he could NEVER do that. He did it throughout the whole relationship...he could nt just have been honest. If you suspect something listen to your intuition, mine has NEVER steered me wrong.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE