My girlfriend and I broke up a week ago. She seems confused. What do I do?

My ex-girlfriend and I were living together for 3 years. But recently we broke up(she initiated it) because we were fighting a lot and we pretty much grew a bit distant between each other. So she moved out back to her parents house.

She recently came to pick up the rest of stuff from my house and we got talking to each other. Apparently she feels emotionally spent but she sees how things that were bothering her about me, have changed in a good way, which has made her begin to question whether she made the right choice.

So I said to her I'm confused about what she is saying, then she said "she doesn't want to get back together" and she says she knows that I wasn't thinking of getting back together either(so she doesn't think I'm just waiting for us to get back together).

However, I am thinking maybe I do want us to try again. But obviously right now its only been a week since we broke up. We also haven't really been messaging each other at all since.

So girls what should I do if I did want to try again with my ex-girlfriend. How many weeks should I wait until contacting them again and if I do what do I say or do?

I'm just afraid though that in the time between she will basically become physically intimate with someone and then I don't know if I could take her back. It sounds stupid I know, but it's just been so recent that we broke up.

So judging from what I've told you, how do I proceed from here if I want us to try again? If there is any further information you need please let me know.

115

Most Helpful Girl

• Distance makes the heart grow fonder and the grass is always greener on the other side. When you're together, you think you'd be better apart and when you're apart you wonder why you're not together.

Save both yourselves a lot of time and heartache by accepting this break-up for what it is, a break. Don't just jump back into the relationship after only a week apart. It may be a good sign that you miss her, but it doesn't mean that you won't end up right back where you started if you get back together again. I think the best way to know if you can't live without someone, is to actually try living with out them. Meet once to discuss this. Tell her all your feelings honestly, but that you are also confused and don't want to back-peddal in your relationship, but in order to move forward something has to change. Then ask her to agree to no communication for 30 days. If after 30 days you both still want to be together, then you have your answer. and don't spend the 30 days pining and staring at your phone. Give it an honest effort. Really try to embrace what your life would be like without her. After 30 days you should have your answer.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE